I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Urine retention issues

User
Posted 28 Dec 2021 at 17:20

Hi all, hope you are having a healthy Christmas?

This is a little bit embarrassing, I can't find anything in the info anywhere, so I'm asking you all..

Dad had his brachytherapy and is now waiting to start HD RT x 15 sessions in Jan, which will hopefully help to control his cancer. He retains approx 500mls of urine in his bladder, is on Tamulosin for this and also self catheterises 2-3 times daily. He has taken so well to this and feels it has given him more freedom and much relief from the pressure/ pain he was experiencing.

He has recently found that when the pressure builds up, and he wees naturally (he does have to push to urinate) he gets erm, hard. He was mortified asking me what I thought, but I explained maybe it was similar to ' morning glory' but I was grasping at straws really. 

All the info everywhere say quite the opposite, and he is totally on board with that. He said it goes and doesn't hurt, but is worried as it's not mentioned anywhere.

Thankyou for helping, sorry if it doesn't sound like a problem to some (?) but I would appreciate your thoughts? 

Best wishes to all...

Kelly x

User
Posted 28 Dec 2021 at 23:47

Kelly 

I did find a couple of answers on Google, but not sure they could be trusted.

Some guys including myself get a swelling of the penis when passing a motion and I have had my prostate removed and supposedly my nerves.

I expect the scholars will have an explanation.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 29 Dec 2021 at 01:04
It is a natural reflex action Kelly. If you have a brother, dad may remember that baby boys do exactly the same thing!
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 28 Dec 2021 at 23:47

Kelly 

I did find a couple of answers on Google, but not sure they could be trusted.

Some guys including myself get a swelling of the penis when passing a motion and I have had my prostate removed and supposedly my nerves.

I expect the scholars will have an explanation.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 29 Dec 2021 at 01:04
It is a natural reflex action Kelly. If you have a brother, dad may remember that baby boys do exactly the same thing!
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard