I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Constipation post op.

User
Posted 10 Jan 2022 at 14:34

I know this isn't prostate related in our case but I'm sure someone has dealt with this on here...

OH had his appendix out on Friday am. He hadn't eaten anything apart from breakfast on the thursday and spent the day in hospital waiting to be scanned etc so no real food either thursday or Friday.

saturday ate normal and home. Sunday ate normal but no passage of stools. No toilet action now since Thursday morning before he went in... so 3 days so far. He had some in date movicol left over from his prostate op so he had 1 sachet Sunday morning and 1 sachet pm. 

Today he's done a thumbnail poo :( So he's had 2 sachets  this morning and 2 more with his lunch.  On the label it said for him to take 2 sachets 3 times a day after his prostate op. He found this a bit much actually.

Today is day 4 and it's getting him down. He doesn't seem to have the urge to go. He not straining and struggling just doesn't want to go. Any ideas or advice?

On the up side an appendectomy op is a walk in the park compared to prostatectomy.