I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Lack of sex drive,

User
Posted 31 Jan 2022 at 08:44

Hi everyone , I'm currently struggling with sex drive and the lack of it, also getting and keeping an erection. All this has happened since having Brachytherapy treatment, I'm not getting much support from my local NHS or my doctor so called anyone give me any advice or help please 

User
Posted 31 Jan 2022 at 17:31

There are Erectile Dysfunction clinics in some, but not all, areas. Ask your GP for a referal.  I had Brachy and despite all the treatments I still have ED and lack of libido.

I actually had problems before the diagnosis of Pca but the brachy sure hasn't helped!

I use Caverject 40mg injections, and that works but it is painful afterwards.

There are several treatment options and the ED clinic will prescribe via your GP. You just need to get an appointment at a clinic, if there is one!

John

Gleason 6 = 3+3 PSA 8.8 P. volume 48 cc Left Cores 3/3, Volume = 20% PSA 10.8 Feb '19 PSA 1.2

Jan '20 PSA 0.3 July '20 0.1 Jan. 21 < 0.1 Dec 21 <0.01 June '22 <0.01 April '23  <0.01

User
Posted 31 Jan 2022 at 21:50
When did you have the brachytherapy? Did you also have hormone treatment and if so, when did that finish?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 01 Feb 2022 at 09:32

Did you have hormone therapy, and if so, what type and when did it run out?

How long ago was the brachytherapy, and what type (seed/LDR or HDR)?

Did you have any ED beforehand, or any cardio issues or diabetes?