Error

Fatigue/Tiredness

User
Posted 01 Feb 2022 at 17:04

Anyone on here suffering from SEVERE FATIGUE,
I have never felt so tired , I go to bed at 7.00pm every night 

User
Posted 01 Feb 2022 at 21:07
Sorry to hear about psa and return to HT. I don’t want to sound flippant but maybe this is seasonal affective disorder and it will improve greatly soon. I remember 2 months ago feeling like it was 10 pm when it was only 5.30.

Hang on in there and stay positive ok 👍

User
Posted 02 Feb 2022 at 21:05

Hi Barry.

I would hope that you speak with your GP before you commence taking any supplements.

The side effects of iron supplements are not to be taken lightly and take some getting used to, so please seek some professional advice.

Edited by member 03 Feb 2022 at 13:27  | Reason: Not specified

Roger
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 01 Feb 2022 at 17:52
Hi Barry I’ve done one whole year on injectable HT now. Side-effects wise I’ve been really really good. This past few months has been tough and dark which doesn’t help. Generally my energy levels are good , but yes indeed when I’ve done a few hours hard work at the surgeons farm I work at then I’m completely crackered and ready for bed at 7 but put it off till 9 , otherwise I wake at 3am 😂

It is tough being on HT but a breeze compared to what I expected. Keep well brother !!

User
Posted 01 Feb 2022 at 18:40

Cheers Chris ,
I have been off HT for nearly a Year , But this fatigue started about 3/4 months and it is Shattering 
My PSA has started to rise so I will be going back on HT ,
It dont help that I am up 3/5 times a night having a Pee
Regards Barry

User
Posted 01 Feb 2022 at 21:07
Sorry to hear about psa and return to HT. I don’t want to sound flippant but maybe this is seasonal affective disorder and it will improve greatly soon. I remember 2 months ago feeling like it was 10 pm when it was only 5.30.

Hang on in there and stay positive ok 👍

User
Posted 02 Feb 2022 at 06:43
have you had you bloods checked? you could be aenemic that can make you feel like you do.

regards Barbara

User
Posted 02 Feb 2022 at 07:07

Thank you Barbara
I am going for another Blood test today 

the last one showed a UTI and slightly Anemic
I was going to ask about B12 injections 

Regards Barry

User
Posted 02 Feb 2022 at 16:20

Hi Barry.  I've been feeling fatigued over the last 6 months ago and with no immediate thoughts on the cause I just put it down to getting old however, during one of my blood tests it was noted that my ferritin levels were out of range (low).

Apart from the fatigue I presented with no other symptoms of anaemia and after discounting blood loss due to cancers of the colon/rectum/small bowel as being the cause she felt it was down to low absorbtion of the iron in my diet.

It looks as though the PPIs I take for a hiatus hernia are the likely cause of poor absorbtion of iron and she prescribed a iron supplements in liquid form and after a few weeks on it (apart from the usual side effects that come with taking an iron supplement), my level of fatigue has halved.

Perhaps your ferritin levels need investigating?  Not all GPs add this test to the usual ones that are tested when your bloods are done and I'm pleased that she had the foresight to add it to mine, as the usual indicators of anaemia weren't present in the other elements of the blood that were tested that would indicate low iron levels in the blood.

It's totally wierd medical science to me how the usual blood tests for anaemia can show nothing amiss yet the ferritin level can indicate there is. 

Just posting this as having fatigue can be a right b*****d when you're used to being active or as near as can be and it may be that my experience could be helpful in identifying the cause of your fatigue and even if it isn't, it's something that can be ticked off the list.

All the best and hope it's resolved soon.

Roger
User
Posted 02 Feb 2022 at 17:13

Thank you very much Roger
I will try Liquid Iron 
Regards Barry

User
Posted 02 Feb 2022 at 20:16
Speak to the PCUL nurses Barry - they have some really useful ideas on combatting fatigue.

Have you had Covid? Could it possibly be long Covid you are experiencing?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 02 Feb 2022 at 21:05

Hi Barry.

I would hope that you speak with your GP before you commence taking any supplements.

The side effects of iron supplements are not to be taken lightly and take some getting used to, so please seek some professional advice.

Edited by member 03 Feb 2022 at 13:27  | Reason: Not specified

Roger
User
Posted 03 Feb 2022 at 07:04

Hi Lynn
No I have never had covid

Regards Barry