I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

So I can as diagnosed with a urethral stricture back in 2020

User
Posted 07 Feb 2022 at 19:19

Long story short I am 27 presented with symptoms went through the screening of prostate cancer along with a prostate exam and followed by a urethrogram to take x rays of my urethra they discovered my issue was a 2mm urethral stricture that eventually blocked my whole urine flow I had a urethroplasty done in 2 stages I’m now do for the second and final stage the only bad thing during the first surgery was the erection pains with the catheter I’m 28 my erections were relentless and painful any tips on what I can do or take to tone these  down the ice packs did not work and the Valium did not work either 

User
Posted 08 Feb 2022 at 03:10
Sorry for your situation. I take it that Prostate Cancer was not part of you problem then, (it would be pretty rare in somebody of 27). Have you contacted your Clinicians to ask whether there is a medication you could take whilst catheterized to reduce or stop erections? Generally, most talk of erections here is of men trying to stimulate them but some men with catheters must have had your problem, so hopefully will be able to tell you how they dealt with it.
Barry
User
Posted 08 Feb 2022 at 13:53

Ask your consultant - there is probably a medication they can give you to temporarily suppress erections.

The hormone therapy drugs used for prostate cancer such as bicalutamide might work, and many other drugs for other purposes also have a negative impact on erections, but there may be some drugs specifically targeted for that purpose.

Edited by member 08 Feb 2022 at 13:55  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 08 Feb 2022 at 16:12

Jimmy. You can get local anaesthetic gels that are designed for use in and around the penis but I would get some advice from your medical team. Hope the surgery is a success.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 08 Feb 2022 at 18:56

What do you mean local anesthetic gels?

User
Posted 08 Feb 2022 at 19:52

Jimmy, your medical team will understand what I am referring to. They may not be suitable for your situation.

Thanks Chris