I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pain in my perineum

User
Posted 12 Mar 2022 at 11:10

Hello friends. I had RARP just over four weeks ago. I had a setback following removal of my catheter a week later, which resulted in me spending a week back in hospital on intravenous antibiotics to deal with a bad infection across my pelvic region and urinary tract, followed by another week of oral antibiotics when I made it home. I feel I'm making progress towards regaining some of my bladder control, and feeling good during the day, but get tired from late afternoon.  However, one thing that I have started to experience in the past week is pain in my perineum and pain and stinging in the head of my penis in the morning.  This generally eases off by the middle of the day.  I was wondering if others have had the same experience and for how long. Many thanks, Simon

User
Posted 12 Mar 2022 at 15:53
Call your medical team and check with them, don't mess about in the weeks following RARP. I ended up with an infection that nearly killed me. (3 weeks in hospital + time in intensive care after an abdominal flush to remove the infection).
User
Posted 09 Apr 2022 at 08:19
I am 9 weeks post op after what was recorded as a “very difficult anastomosis”.

Although oncological signs are all good (ultralow PSA, clear margins), I am frustrated by perineal pain, and the inconsistency of urine flow which varies from painless and free flowing urine for days at a time to the complete opposite. This was the case during my bout of COVID-19, but now again restricted flow with sharp pain.

Surgeon has claimed that the healing is still in such a state of flux (scar tissue forming, softening) that it is too early to tell the extent of any stricture. Have urine flow test scheduled in 7 weeks time.

Would appreciate hearing from others in a similar situation.