I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Tamsulosin and side effect of men ejaculate - such as little or no semen

User
Posted 01 May 2022 at 13:09

Doctor Just advised me on a daily dose of Tamsulosin and since I have taken this medication I am having issues with ejaculations with no or very little dry semen. I am very much worried now should I stop taking this medication. If someone else also experiences the same. Any help is highly appreciated 

User
Posted 01 May 2022 at 15:56
Yes, it's a common side-effect of the drug. Certainly nothing to be concerned about.

Best wishes,

Chris
User
Posted 01 May 2022 at 16:16

Chris, 

Thank You for calming my monkey mind by seeing this is a common side effect 

Chris if this side effect of ejaculation is temporary and settles down with time as I progress with the medicine or Does this symptom will go away when I stop taking this medicine. 

I  had symptoms of BPH from1 a month only but I have taken Finasteride for more than a year last year, not for BPH but as part of my the hair loss  treatment without any side effects including with no jaculations  issues 

Chris, Should I take Finasteride instead of  Tamsulosin. Your feedback is highly appreciated 

User
Posted 01 May 2022 at 16:54
You'll probably have it as long as you're taking Tamsulosin. I'm on Tamsulosin for life after having prostate radiotherapy and have a burning pain after ejaculation which again is probably a side-effect of the drug.

Nobody here can advise you what medication you should or shouldn't take. You need to seek medical advice about that.

All the best,

Chris
User
Posted 15 Dec 2022 at 06:16

First 30 days stopped the need to urinate at night, and improved flow. I did experience back pain, reduced sex drive, and some depression. The last 6 months I only take it every third day with fewer side affects. I am 65 years old - https://healthful-online.com/c2831/flomax.html

Edited by member 08 Jun 2023 at 06:46  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 15 Dec 2022 at 23:08
Just one other side effect to be aware of should you have an eye operation in the future.

The drug may also affect the muscle that controls the opening and closing of the iris and cause difficulties for the surgeon carrying out the procedure however, if he/she is advised of the fact that Tamsulosin is/has been taken they will be able to take the appropriate action which allows them to proceed.

In my case, long term use of the drug resulted in my developing pinpoint pupils which wasn't much of an issue other than my night vision was slightly impaired.

Other than that I experienced no other side effects.
Roger