I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Anyone seen LynEyre?

User
Posted 06 May 2022 at 17:29

We haven't seen LynEyre for a month or so and she's usually on here quite regularly.

I hope you're OK Lyn.

User
Posted 17 May 2022 at 00:22
Ha ha ha

Sorry guys - we had a lovely holiday, came back to a major incident at work so now chairing a review which is taking up every spare minute. We are hosting a refugee who keeps cooking me things with bulgur wheat and lentils πŸ˜– and then a couple of weeks ago, a friend was diagnosed with advanced cancer and died a few days later so everything is a bit fraught.

Anyway, back now and the holiday really was lovely as far as I can remember.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 18 May 2022 at 17:34
Hi Lyn

The amount of time you must spend on research, your ability to retain information and the time you spend responding to posts is amazing. it's evident from the posts above that it really is appreciated.

Many thanks

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 07 May 2022 at 07:59

Hi, there is a facebook page called "UK women affected by prostate cancer"  It is a ladies only group, very supportive and helpful

User
Posted 06 May 2022 at 20:21

I wondered about this too but assumed she had gone on a long well deserved holiday. I believe she has gone to the Gambia more than once if I correctly recall some of her posts going back away, so hopefully something like that.

Some years ago we had a lady nurse on the forum. She was also very knowledgeable about PCa and was very activate before Lyn although a member, became so heavily involved. I believe she also played an active part in establishing a support group for lady partners of affected men. I don't know what happened to this but think there was a bit of a falling out between women (we males being banned I don't know). Anyway, this nurse took on too much, what with her family responsibilities, being a nurse and supporting people on the forum. I understand that she had a breakdown and I don't think ever posted again. (Maybe some of the lady long standing members will know). I just hope Lyn has not suffered in the same way or indeed for any reason. She has given so much of her time to support people on this forum and has a wider knowledge of PCa than any current posters. Of course none of us are indispensable but if we lost Lyn it would be a major one.

So let's hope Lyn is OK and will be back!

Incidentally, I can't recall John (Bollinge), a frequent poster being on here for quite a time. Hope all is well with him too.

Edited by member 06 May 2022 at 20:25  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 06 May 2022 at 18:41

Ditto that hope you are ok Lyn πŸ‘

User
Posted 06 May 2022 at 20:21

I wondered about this too but assumed she had gone on a long well deserved holiday. I believe she has gone to the Gambia more than once if I correctly recall some of her posts going back away, so hopefully something like that.

Some years ago we had a lady nurse on the forum. She was also very knowledgeable about PCa and was very activate before Lyn although a member, became so heavily involved. I believe she also played an active part in establishing a support group for lady partners of affected men. I don't know what happened to this but think there was a bit of a falling out between women (we males being banned I don't know). Anyway, this nurse took on too much, what with her family responsibilities, being a nurse and supporting people on the forum. I understand that she had a breakdown and I don't think ever posted again. (Maybe some of the lady long standing members will know). I just hope Lyn has not suffered in the same way or indeed for any reason. She has given so much of her time to support people on this forum and has a wider knowledge of PCa than any current posters. Of course none of us are indispensable but if we lost Lyn it would be a major one.

So let's hope Lyn is OK and will be back!

Incidentally, I can't recall John (Bollinge), a frequent poster being on here for quite a time. Hope all is well with him too.

Edited by member 06 May 2022 at 20:25  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 06 May 2022 at 22:01
Not the same without the Matron.
User
Posted 06 May 2022 at 22:27
I’m sure she will be back ( the font of all knowledge ) and hope so. As above I know she has the odd long holiday and goes to France quite a lot too !! Here’s hoping she’s having a well deserved break πŸ‘
User
Posted 07 May 2022 at 01:12

Further to my previous comments, I was prompted to dip back into the the 'Old Forum' and found a thread about the support group for ladies called "Ladies on Line". I don't know what happened, or if has 'died a natural'. I have just read the first page of a relevant thread. It was started at a time when we met up in several places with a large meeting once a year in summer at a pub in Leicester. The ladies went on to form a group exclusively for women and the nurse Elise junior, forum name Jadziadax, also affectionately called 'Fleecy', was the prime instigator. with an idea by another. This thread speaks for itself and I do wonder what happened to Elise and the "Ladies on Line group". https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t5718-Thankyou-for-Ladies-on-Line----LOL. Her last post on this forum was on 20th March 2014. Ladies on line went on to Facebook but I don't think has been referred to on this forum for a very long time.

Edited by member 07 May 2022 at 01:14  | Reason: to highlight link

Barry
User
Posted 07 May 2022 at 02:13

I wonder if Lyn and Bollinge have eloped together?

Dave

User
Posted 07 May 2022 at 06:28

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

User
Posted 07 May 2022 at 07:59

Hi, there is a facebook page called "UK women affected by prostate cancer"  It is a ladies only group, very supportive and helpful

User
Posted 07 May 2022 at 09:00

Missing you Matron hope you are well , 

John & Pat xx

User
Posted 07 May 2022 at 09:56

Hopefully just an extended break. 

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 07 May 2022 at 19:46
Yes Lyn certainly helped and advised me . Thank you Lyn
User
Posted 16 May 2022 at 23:29

Stand by your beds, ready for inspection. Matron's back.

Dave

User
Posted 17 May 2022 at 00:22
Ha ha ha

Sorry guys - we had a lovely holiday, came back to a major incident at work so now chairing a review which is taking up every spare minute. We are hosting a refugee who keeps cooking me things with bulgur wheat and lentils πŸ˜– and then a couple of weeks ago, a friend was diagnosed with advanced cancer and died a few days later so everything is a bit fraught.

Anyway, back now and the holiday really was lovely as far as I can remember.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 17 May 2022 at 05:33

glad you are back so is everyone else πŸ‘

User
Posted 17 May 2022 at 08:59

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I wonder if Lyn and Bollinge have eloped together?

🀫

User
Posted 17 May 2022 at 12:57

Great to see you back Lyn, rock on😎

John & Pat.

User
Posted 18 May 2022 at 15:38
Phewww......Welcome back Lyn.....!! πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜πŸ‘
User
Posted 18 May 2022 at 17:34
Hi Lyn

The amount of time you must spend on research, your ability to retain information and the time you spend responding to posts is amazing. it's evident from the posts above that it really is appreciated.

Many thanks

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 18 May 2022 at 18:50
Like others, pleased you are back Lyn.
Barry
User
Posted 19 May 2022 at 19:38

Nice to have you back Lyn!

User
Posted 22 May 2022 at 06:55

Missed your reassuring presence Lynn, glad you had a break and sorry your friend passed. All the best. 

User
Posted 22 May 2022 at 17:52

Welcome back Lyn, sounds like there's a lot going on.