I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Treatment change - getting serious

User
Posted 06 May 2022 at 18:58

After three years of Prostap they took me off it to see what might have been masked by it.

PSA went from 0.1 to today's 4.1, so decision is cancer is still active in there.  Had my full 37 shots of RT.

Looks like it's chemo for me next.  Docetaxel anyone?

Latest chapter of my blog is up as well, The Prostate Thing – 26 – The Good, the Bad, and… | Stewart's Blog (wordpress.com) if you're interested.

User
Posted 06 May 2022 at 22:04
Hi Stew why can't you get back on the prostap. Seems a bit drastic going straight to chemo.
User
Posted 06 May 2022 at 22:08

Hi Jasper 

Yes they are putting me back on Prostap as well.  I think they just want belt and braces.  It was kind of hinted at nearly three years ago.

User
Posted 07 May 2022 at 06:27
Have you asked about having a PSMA scan? I had this with rising PSA following failed RT and the scan identified a very small tumour within my Prostate. It took two applications of HIFU but PSA latest figure down to 0.02 and that's without HT. You could at least ask about this as in a significant number of cases a PSMA scan changes proposed treatment.
Barry
User
Posted 12 May 2022 at 08:33

Hi Barry

they did mention a PSMA scan some time ago... but then they also mentioned chemo some time ago...  My old (old?  probably not even half my age!) oncologist has moved to another hospital so it's a new crew that have revisited my casenotes.

I don't think they see things as being terribly urgent for me, as I've now had the pre-chemo appointment/chat/plan date of 17th June, six weeks after the original consultation.

Meanwhile it seems I go back on the Prostap (and cyproterone) in early June.  My testosterone-ravaged complexion won't be disappointed!  Bloody teenage spots again.