Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Stabbing pain in lower right side - 3 days post op

User
Posted 20 May 2022 at 15:48

Hi guys.

Just checking in again after Hubbie had his robot assisted Prostectomy at UCLH on Monday.  He’s been home a couple of days and not doing too badly.  Catheter is ok.  Two bowel movements.  Sleeping well and walking around the garden a little.

However, since he came home he’s had a pain in his lower right hand side on and off (not near any stitches). Really, really hurts if he coughs and today, is really bad since attempting a little walk.  The pain won’t go away after painkillers.  He’s called the hospital to ask them about it.

has anyone else experienced this bad, jabbing type of pain in Their lower right side (not near any stitches) early, post op?

thanks guys.

sue

User
Posted 21 May 2022 at 00:05
The siting of the stitches doesn't have much relevance to where the cutting & burning has been done inside. Lots of internal damage, it will take time to heal and the nerve endings (many of which have also been cut) can send confused messages to the brain.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 21 May 2022 at 07:33
Yes, I did was agonising though, turned out to be peritonitis. Check his temperature just in case.
User
Posted 21 May 2022 at 10:17

Thanks Lyn.  He had reasonable  night’s sleep and feels a bit better today.  He took a prescribed pill for bladder spasms last night - that may have helped. 🤞