Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Lack of enthusiasm

User
Posted 07 Jun 2022 at 12:36

Hi.

I was diagnosed just as Covid hit the world and had to wait until the end of summer 2020 to have my RP.

All successful so far and no further treatment.

Ongoing issues are ED but getting better, leakage (mainly if too much caffine or beer) and ejaculating urine stopping and sexual activity.

I can cope with all that but as I am only 60 I had massive enthusiam for life and work pre RP but now shy away from work challenges, social gatherings, planning holidays, hobbies etc.

Doc thinks its depression and is throwing tablets at me but I dont feel depressed just CBA to do anything which takes effort! Plodding along at work is suddenly enough.

Is it lack of testosterone? or a hang up of cancer/Covid/Rheumatoid arthritis issues?

User
Posted 07 Jun 2022 at 19:48
I don't think Prostatectomy will have reduced your Testosterone, unless you had HT as a holding treatment due to Covid. It could be that your Testosterone is falling naturally. You could ask your GP for a test to established your level. If low it is for consideration whether this should be artificially supplemented, possibly seeking the view of your Consultant on this.
Barry
User
Posted 08 Jun 2022 at 13:52

Hi,

I had the same CBA feeling, I found the weeks post-op being a huge anticlimax, which started out just feeling flat.

In hindsight, for me, it was probably a combination of slow ED progress and possibly after effects of the anaesthetic?

I didn't go to the doctors, my reasoning being that I would have probably been prescribed anti depressants. 

It would be interesting to hear from others on this. 

User
Posted 08 Jun 2022 at 14:59

7 months post op, all going reasonably well but definitely have the CBA problem. I used to enjoy the thought of country walks and gardening: I still do it, but without any enthusiasm. In particular, I don't seem to walk as briskly as I did. 

User
Posted 08 Jun 2022 at 15:00
What exercise are you doing?

I had my prostatectomy last Wednesday and started preparing for it about 2 months beforehand. I was doing about 150-200km/week on my bike and walking everywhere I needed to go within about a 40 minute radius - shops etc. I also drastically changed my diet and stopped drinking booze. I lost at least 5kg in weight and upped my VO2 max by about 35%.

Immediately prior to the op I was feeling as healthy & positive about myself as I have in many years and, so far, I remain that way. Today was the third day I've been out for a walk and, even with the catheter leg bag, my pace over 9km was the same as it was before surgery.

I'm generally a 'glass half full' kind of bloke but was feeling a bit crap about things earlier in the year and I really put my current positivity down to the change in lifestyle.