I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

UCLH Protocol

User
Posted 14 Jun 2022 at 10:25

I had my surgery over 3 weeks ago. Since then there has been no communication with the surgeon, I think I have an appointment in 2-3weeks time, telephone appointment I think. I typically don't worry, just wondering if this comms protocol is normal, you just sit there and hope everything went well. No news is good news kinda thing!

User
Posted 14 Jun 2022 at 12:39

Do you have the UCLH My Chart app? Mine lists all my upcoming  appointments.  It's very helpful 

Edited by member 14 Jun 2022 at 12:40  | Reason: Spelling mistake

User
Posted 14 Jun 2022 at 14:29

Thanks, I do have the app. However, the app only lists the up coming appointment and blood tests. Does not give any insight on how the procedure went.

User
Posted 14 Jun 2022 at 18:13
As I have said on more than one occasion, and I am not the only one, the clinicians at UCLH are excellent with a wide range of expertise and many procedures done but the administration is very poor, as I could substantiate by examples. I also have all my appointments that don't involve actual scans, biopsies or procedures over the telephone by choice and that predates the pandemic. The follow up appointments can take ages but paradoxically these are sometimes allocated before the procedure and when I ask what the appointment is for, I have sometimes been told it is to discuss the result of a scan that has not yet even been arranged, yet alone taken place. So where necessary address your queries to the secretary of your surgeon.
Barry
User
Posted 14 Jun 2022 at 19:24

Absolutely! I consider myself extremely fortunate to have been treated at UCLH. I cannot fault the care at all. I do not want to appear like I am whinging. Maybe it is my own fault not to have asked the relevant questions before surgery, wrt the feedback and what happens next. I am not unduly perturbed at the lack of feedback, as I understand the surgeons perform 2 surgeries per day, the task of the admin and follow up I suppose takes a back seat unless there is something really urgent. 

User
Posted 15 Jun 2022 at 08:42

UCLH has a support group which meets monthly on Zoom, with their CNS's.

Email uclh.supportandinformation at nhs.net if you want to join.