Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Aged 45 - PIRADS 4

User
Posted 23 Jun 2022 at 09:39

Hi All,

Really appreciate some advice. Been having dribbling issues and ED for the last year and my GP referred me to the Urologist in April 2022.

DRE – normal

PSA – normal at 0.526

Prostate volume 20cc

MRI - PIRADS score 4 (had to look up what 4 meant!)

The Urologist prescribed a course of Ciprofloxacin and repeat MRI to see if there was any decrease in inflammation. Saw the Urologist this week and there been no lowering of PIRADS score (it remains at 4). We agreed to go for a transperineal biopsy.

Re: ED the Urologist suspects it relates to low testosterone and can looked by Endocrinology after we know what’s happening with the prostate.  

Couple of questions

I’m out of the country in July – the Urologist says its fine to wait until August to have the biopsy. Do I take some reassurance that they are not rushing me in for he biopsy?

For several years I’ve had back trouble and while taking Ciprofloxacin a slight dull pain in the left testicule (nothing major)  – Coincidence? Googling these symptoms don’t help!

What do you read into the low/normal PSA?

I’m aged 45 which I know is young but I was diagnosed with Hypertension at 26 so nothing surprises me……

Thanks Again

Edited by member 23 Jun 2022 at 11:12  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 23 Jun 2022 at 15:33

Hi Albi,

I think the urologist is not too worried and neither should you be.

We all look pretty different on the outside, and it turns out on the inside we are equally diverse. So having a pirads 4 is about as worrying as some one having ginger hair (not very) it's just a bit unusual. Might be worth asking why, but not a major concern (unless your a prince and no one else in the family had ginger hair).

So carry on with the investigations but don't worry unless someone says you have to worry.

Dave

User
Posted 23 Jun 2022 at 18:39

I was 46 and had PIRAD 5.  It was cancer in my case.  Enjoy July and have your biopsy in August.  Hopefully, no cancer will be found.  A bit of man to man advice - have as much sex as possible in July just in case.

User
Posted 23 Jun 2022 at 19:19
Agree with others, PCa is fairly slow to change so enjoy the holiday. Difficult I know but try to put this out of your mind. Have the biopsy in due course and let us know how you get on.

Barry
User
Posted 15 Aug 2022 at 06:53

Biopsy results are back and no cancer found. Now need to sort out my low testosterone levels. 

Feel very fortunate and grateful for the support of forum. Take care all!

User
Posted 15 Aug 2022 at 07:39

Great news Albi 👍

User
Posted 15 Aug 2022 at 11:49

Excellent.

I missed your thread originally. You mention some testicle pain. The brain doesn't understand prostate pain, and it usually shows up as referred pain at tip of penis or testicles, so this might be prostate pain. Prostate cancer doesn't generate pain in the prostate, but prostatitis can, and it can also show up on an MRI, so that's most likely what the MRI is showing.

Do keep having periodic PSA tests though.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 23 Jun 2022 at 15:33

Hi Albi,

I think the urologist is not too worried and neither should you be.

We all look pretty different on the outside, and it turns out on the inside we are equally diverse. So having a pirads 4 is about as worrying as some one having ginger hair (not very) it's just a bit unusual. Might be worth asking why, but not a major concern (unless your a prince and no one else in the family had ginger hair).

So carry on with the investigations but don't worry unless someone says you have to worry.

Dave

User
Posted 23 Jun 2022 at 15:50
Many thanks Dave appreciate the reply - you cant help yourself and google stuff......rare cancers and low PSA etc.

Let's see what the biopsy returns as I understand this is really the only accurate test?

User
Posted 23 Jun 2022 at 18:39

I was 46 and had PIRAD 5.  It was cancer in my case.  Enjoy July and have your biopsy in August.  Hopefully, no cancer will be found.  A bit of man to man advice - have as much sex as possible in July just in case.

User
Posted 23 Jun 2022 at 19:19
Agree with others, PCa is fairly slow to change so enjoy the holiday. Difficult I know but try to put this out of your mind. Have the biopsy in due course and let us know how you get on.

Barry
User
Posted 23 Jun 2022 at 19:24

Thanks for the replies - There is not a lot I can do it's all out of my hands. Funnily enough its my PSA reading that's worrying me 

User
Posted 15 Aug 2022 at 06:53

Biopsy results are back and no cancer found. Now need to sort out my low testosterone levels. 

Feel very fortunate and grateful for the support of forum. Take care all!

User
Posted 15 Aug 2022 at 07:39

Great news Albi 👍

User
Posted 15 Aug 2022 at 11:49

Excellent.

I missed your thread originally. You mention some testicle pain. The brain doesn't understand prostate pain, and it usually shows up as referred pain at tip of penis or testicles, so this might be prostate pain. Prostate cancer doesn't generate pain in the prostate, but prostatitis can, and it can also show up on an MRI, so that's most likely what the MRI is showing.

Do keep having periodic PSA tests though.