I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PET scan on Friday

User
Posted 13 Jul 2022 at 22:58

My husband is due to have a PET scan on Friday and I've started to get anxious about it now. Does anyone know how long we will have to wait for the results? He is having a full body scan. 

Sandy 😒

User
Posted 14 Jul 2022 at 07:40

Sandy, I had my f18 scan on the 1st of July and my appointment with the oncologist was on the 12th of July.  I don't know how soon after the  scan the result was ready. 

My first scan appointment was cancelled a few hours before my appointment because of issues with the tracer, it was rescheduled for two weeks later. 

Thanks Chris 

Edited by member 14 Jul 2022 at 07:42  | Reason: Spelling

User
Posted 14 Jul 2022 at 12:02
My first PET scan was also cancelled at almost the last moment due to problems with tracer, so this does happen quite often. Time taken before patient receives results will largely depend on local work load and processing arrangements so timing can vary. I got my results fairly early as I paid for the scan and received an interpretation without it first going through my usual hospital.
Barry
User
Posted 14 Jul 2022 at 19:11

I had a full body PET scan 20th May. The scan itself took around 20 minutes and I was told it would take up to ten working days for the results to come through. However it was over three weeks before I was actually told the results because I didn't factor in that the results then go through the MDT for clinical decisions to be made. I may be worth asking whether the results need to be seen by the MDT.

User
Posted 14 Jul 2022 at 21:59

Thank you all for your replies. Let's hope its not cancelled! I don't think we can expect any results in the first week. It's just waiting for that post delivery every day is horrible.

Sandy