I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bicalutimide 150mg side effects

User
Posted 25 Aug 2022 at 01:29

I have a query about how others experience the effects of bicalutimide 150mg a day as a monotherapy prior to radiotherapy. 

I have been on for 3 weeks now with a view to lowering my PSA from 7 for planned radiotherapy for advance localised Gleason 9 (4+5) which following a PSMA scan showed no evidence of spread to lymph nodes or else where (accepting it is probably 80% accurate). 

I have had very little if any symptoms, maybe a little more fatigue, but I already have muscle loss fatigue use a ventilator at night and use a wheelchair when outside the house as I had polio as a child so maybe my tolerance is greater.  It is also why I am not on Zoladex as it was felt the impact of side effects would risk major problems as I can’t exercise. 

So is it just too early in the regime to experience anything?  or is it not working?  or do some people just get fewer systems than others? 

Edited by member 30 Aug 2022 at 13:52  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 25 Aug 2022 at 11:26

Too early to tell. I was on bical for two weeks each side of first zoladex. Loss of libido is first symptom, but doesn't apply to all. Things like weight gain will take several months to develop. It is possible you will get no symptoms, not everyone gets them. 

It is very likely that bical is working.

Breast growth is more likely on bical than zoladex, are you on tamoxifen or have had radiotherapy to stop this? You need to keep an eye on this and treat it straightaway.

Dave