I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

2 years on

User
Posted 04 Sep 2022 at 14:17

2 years since diagnosis off gleeson 9 psa 24.9 pc last psa on Friday still 0.1 hopefully finish hormone therapy soon psa remaining stable last 4 tests 0.01 hopefully psa will remain low after h/t finishes things seem good at the moment good luck to all battling this horrible desease πŸ‘ gaz

Edited by member 05 Sep 2022 at 02:22  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 04 Sep 2022 at 14:17

2 years since diagnosis off gleeson 9 psa 24.9 pc last psa on Friday still 0.1 hopefully finish hormone therapy soon psa remaining stable last 4 tests 0.01 hopefully psa will remain low after h/t finishes things seem good at the moment good luck to all battling this horrible desease πŸ‘ gaz

Edited by member 05 Sep 2022 at 02:22  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 04 Sep 2022 at 23:42

Nice work Gaz! I've just had my last Zoladex shot so the next bit will be interesting for both of us.

Jules

User
Posted 05 Sep 2022 at 02:35

That's all looking good Gaz. Do you know when the last HT injection will be?

Dave

User
Posted 05 Sep 2022 at 11:22
Nice one gaz..Will be following your updates keenly once your off the HT. Good Luck.
User
Posted 05 Sep 2022 at 17:44

Great news Gaz, so pleased its going well and long may it continue for you πŸ‘

User
Posted 05 Sep 2022 at 20:46

Hi Dave . I guess I am treated on basis of stampede trial (seehttps://www.icr.ac.uk/news-archive/long-term-benefit-of-radiotherapy-confirmed-in-advanced-prostate-cancer?utm_medium=email&utm_source=rasa_io&utm_campaign=newsletter as I have 3 mets, two of which are "small". My mets weren't blasted.

Edited by member 05 Sep 2022 at 20:46  | Reason: Not specified

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 04 Sep 2022 at 23:42

Nice work Gaz! I've just had my last Zoladex shot so the next bit will be interesting for both of us.

Jules

User
Posted 05 Sep 2022 at 02:22

Yes good luck psa seems stable at 0.01 🀞 hopefully yours is similar πŸ‘

User
Posted 05 Sep 2022 at 02:35

That's all looking good Gaz. Do you know when the last HT injection will be?

Dave

User
Posted 05 Sep 2022 at 02:57

Hi Dave November for last injection see what happens next hopefully stay similar 🀞

User
Posted 05 Sep 2022 at 11:22
Nice one gaz..Will be following your updates keenly once your off the HT. Good Luck.
User
Posted 05 Sep 2022 at 12:20

Thanks and good luck to you πŸ‘

User
Posted 05 Sep 2022 at 17:44

Great news Gaz, so pleased its going well and long may it continue for you πŸ‘

User
Posted 05 Sep 2022 at 18:32
My oncologist indicated that my Zolodox treatment would continue indefinately - did I understand him properly?
User
Posted 05 Sep 2022 at 19:02

Hi cayambe, your disease is metastatic and the standard treatment for that is lifelong HT. However RT is not usually given once the disease is confirmed metastatic so it is a little curious as to why you have had six doses of RT. There is a US doctor who claims treating mets if there are only a few can cure the disease completely. Were your mets blasted?

So I would assume you are on HT for life but it may be worth speaking to the onco about this. It is also possible for some people on HT to come off it and have a hormone holiday until the PSA starts to rise again.

Dave

User
Posted 05 Sep 2022 at 20:46

Hi Dave . I guess I am treated on basis of stampede trial (seehttps://www.icr.ac.uk/news-archive/long-term-benefit-of-radiotherapy-confirmed-in-advanced-prostate-cancer?utm_medium=email&utm_source=rasa_io&utm_campaign=newsletter as I have 3 mets, two of which are "small". My mets weren't blasted.

Edited by member 05 Sep 2022 at 20:46  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Sep 2022 at 21:45

Thanks interesting reading.

Dave

User
Posted 06 Sep 2022 at 09:58

Jules.

I have been on Zoladex for three years and no one has said I will be coming off it.Do you

know of some people who keep the treatment for ever.I dont about you and others but

Hormone treatment (Zoladex) does make me feel anxions and want to cry some days.

But if is keeping the cancer under control I suppose its worth it.

Derek.proper name

User
Posted 06 Sep 2022 at 11:31

Hi Derek,

If the cancer has spread then Hormone treatment is usually for life. Some people agree with the oncologist to have occasional breaks but it depends on what your oncologist thinks best.

Yes anxiety can be heightened by zoladex. It is a balance between quality of life and quantity of life.

Dave

User
Posted 06 Sep 2022 at 14:53

Yes Derek, I do find Zoladex [or is it the lack of testosterone] is rather like removing your emotional regulator mechanism. Sometimes I get sort of artificial highs and on other occasions, lows. I'm not sure if it's possible to get entirely used to it.

I'm Gleason 9 with 3 mets in nearby glands and my treatment was something that's not being done outside Australia as far as I know. Mets were located as were other "elective" glands nearby that appeared to have potential to be cancerous. These were specifically targeted with the same level of RT as the prostate on a dose escalation basis [I haven't figured out dose escalation]. I understand some other trials have used lower level RT in a less targeted way but the thinking here has been that it makes sense to hit the cancerous glands with the same levels of radiation as is used for the prostate .

At 2+ years I'm <.01 and even very shortly after RT my psa was <.02. Of course none of us can know if there's a few stray cancer cells waiting to proliferate but the early results for this treatment are looking good.

Jules

User
Posted 07 Sep 2022 at 15:42

Great news Gaz! X

User
Posted 07 Sep 2022 at 18:01

Thanks JaneyπŸ‘

User
Posted 20 Oct 2022 at 07:32
Hi Gaz ,Your situation sounds similar to mine,you can read my profile, except I'm on Enzalutimide as a first line treatment after failed RP plus 3 monthly injection .My PSA dropped from a rapidly increasing 28 after RP to undetectable within 4 weeks of Enzalutimde and there it has remained for 28 months I also had 33 treatments of RT six months after starting salvage ADT .I'm having a CT scan tomorrow and a bone scan in December for monitoring purposes and to decide the way forward as I am in full remission .They will check the status of the affected lymph nodes and I may be taken off Enzalutimde .The real test is how we fare after coming off the hormone treatment. Having had RP is a good thing as there is a train of thought that it removed the 'mothership' so to speak and that the migrated cancer cells get their chemical signals from the cancerous prostate gland which causes them to proliferate .There is a trial underway that is testing this theory hopefully it will provide the answer to the best way to treat those who have advanced cancer.
User
Posted 20 Oct 2022 at 08:11

Good luck with your scans I had 37 fractions off radiotherapy and due to finish h/t in December didn't want the problems associated with a prosectomy so far all my treatment as been tolerable hopefully my psa will remain low after I finish h/t worked all the way through treatment and still doing a job I love life more or less back to normal time will tell if I made the correct desicion but you have to stand by your choice whatever happens good luck going forward with your treatment πŸ‘

User
Posted 20 Oct 2022 at 20:45

Last shot in December gaz or will that be when the drugs start to "wear off". Being in a similar position to you, I've had my last shot and the end of November is looking excitingly close.

Jules

User
Posted 20 Oct 2022 at 21:26

Thanks Jules hope we are both ok going forward 🀞