I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Active survailance

User
Posted 14 Sep 2022 at 09:37

I was diagnosed in July, psa was 3.3, Then put me on active survailance, I see uroligist in December, blood test every 3 months,  just had one and its 5.0.

I've noticed I lost weight,  in Feb I was 13kg July 12 half.

Now under 12.

I am really getting anxious, I don't know what to do if I didn'y go out doing things I like doing.

User
Posted 14 Sep 2022 at 13:16
Unfortunately, you have not given details of your diagnosis but with increase in PSA and weight loss I would get an early appointment with your GP.
Barry
User
Posted 14 Sep 2022 at 13:51

Diagnose is prostrate cancer.

User
Posted 14 Sep 2022 at 14:59

What Barry meant was that it would be helpful to know the details- your Gleason score and staging. These are usually written as something like G6 (3+3), G7 (4+3), G7 (3+4) or similar and T1, T2, T3 or T4. The fact that you are on active surveillance suggests that you have a low Gleason score and low T stage.
A rise from 3 to 5 could be anything - a bit of infection / inflammation perhaps. If you had all the diagnostic tests in July, the PSA rise is unlikely to be anything to do with cancer. Weight loss is often down to anxiety and loss of appetite

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard