I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Another new customer

User
Posted 27 Sep 2022 at 16:01

Thought after lurking for a while, I’d take the leap and join the community. I’m Rob, aged 66, and happily retired.

Was diagnosed a while back with PSA 4.8 and Gleason 3+4 and after a chat with the Urology consultant, opted for RALP, which I had last Tuesday. Discharged next day and sent home with a catheter, and a bag full of paracetamol, meds for constipation relief, and a pack of syringes for the atrial fibrillation they found during my pre-op.

So far, the only problem I’ve really had has been constipation, which lasted until 3:15 yesterday morning, to be replaced by the exact opposite - loose bowels. Any idea of when this aspect of recovery stabilises?

I’m due back on Friday for a TWOC session. Hopefully, that will go OK and I can stop peeing from my ankle soon!

User
Posted 27 Sep 2022 at 22:49
General anaesthetic does weird things to the bowel - it should settle down in the next couple of days.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Sep 2022 at 14:12

Thanks Lyn.

All seems ok now. Whether that’s part of the healing process or last night’s lamb balti from my favourite takeaway remains to be seen!