I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bladder Control 911 Tablets

User
Posted 16 Nov 2022 at 12:50

My wife has just received an email from USA regarding these tablets, on the face of it they look really good but I’m not sure.

Has anyone got any thoughts on this?  

Can anyone suggest any remedies (other than keels) to aid bladder control?

Thanks

User
Posted 16 Nov 2022 at 18:06

Never heard of them, but at a quick glance they seem to be a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor, which will screw up your PSA test results.

You haven't said what's wrong with your bladder control, so can't really suggest what might solve it.

Edited by member 16 Nov 2022 at 18:09  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 18 Nov 2022 at 08:23

I really hope that you wouldn't take random medication that you've come across online without seeking medical advice first! Whatever the active ingredient in these tablets is, if you have a medical need for it, you can probably get the equivalent properly licensed UK version prescribed by your GP rather than paying through the nose for some perhaps unlicensed American product.

Best wishes,

Chris

Edited by member 18 Nov 2022 at 08:31  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 18 Nov 2022 at 22:50

Yes, indeed.

If you need a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor, you can be prescribed Finasteride or Dutasteride, which is vastly cheaper than that product (and likely no charge to you at all). These will also effect your PSA readings, but as they are known doses, it's known how to correct for them (you double the PSA readings). If you take someone's herbal 5 alpha reductase inhibitor, no one will know how much is in it, or how much it might vary from one batch to another, so no one will be able to make much sense of your PSA test results.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 16 Nov 2022 at 18:06

Never heard of them, but at a quick glance they seem to be a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor, which will screw up your PSA test results.

You haven't said what's wrong with your bladder control, so can't really suggest what might solve it.

Edited by member 16 Nov 2022 at 18:09  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 17 Nov 2022 at 08:52
User
Posted 18 Nov 2022 at 08:23

I really hope that you wouldn't take random medication that you've come across online without seeking medical advice first! Whatever the active ingredient in these tablets is, if you have a medical need for it, you can probably get the equivalent properly licensed UK version prescribed by your GP rather than paying through the nose for some perhaps unlicensed American product.

Best wishes,

Chris

Edited by member 18 Nov 2022 at 08:31  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 18 Nov 2022 at 22:50

Yes, indeed.

If you need a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor, you can be prescribed Finasteride or Dutasteride, which is vastly cheaper than that product (and likely no charge to you at all). These will also effect your PSA readings, but as they are known doses, it's known how to correct for them (you double the PSA readings). If you take someone's herbal 5 alpha reductase inhibitor, no one will know how much is in it, or how much it might vary from one batch to another, so no one will be able to make much sense of your PSA test results.