I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PSMA Pet-scan

User
Posted 30 Nov 2022 at 12:04

Hello - first time posting - wondered if anyone  has had experience of PSMA Pet-scan and Lutetium treatment (on the NHS or privately) in the UK or abroad ?

I am 67 years old, diagnosed 6 years ago, gleason score 9, 12/12 cores, upto 100% involvement, extensive lymph node involvement. Treatment  Oct 2016 - 6 cycles docetaxel.  Nov 2018 Radical Radiotherapy to the prostate.  

Feb 2020  Aberaterone for 12 months.  Jan 2022 Cabzataxel 5 cycles. June 2022  Radium 223 3 cycles then stopped as having no effect.  Nov 2022 5 days localised Radiotherapy on spine.

Had a meeting with Consultant on Monday and asked about the likelihood of a Pet scan and Lutetium treatment in the UK on the NHS. He informed us , that as my local HA does not offer this treatment, and the few HAs that do are oversubscribed, with their own patients, it is not an option. He informed us about Genesis, if we could self fund ! But this is not an option.  As I have been told that there are no further treatments available to me on the NHS I am looking at other options - possibly abroad as it looks to be much more reasonably priced ?

We understand that Germany is similarly priced to the  UK so it is out of the equation.  Does anyone have any experience of this treatment  in Turkey, India, or Australia ?  Or does anyone have information about  other countries where this is possible and reasonably priced ?  I am particularly interested in cost and personal experience good and bad.

Thanks in advance

User
Posted 30 Nov 2022 at 21:52
It would be important to get tested to see if you are PSMA+ before agreeing to pay for Lut177 - not everyone is suitable
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 01 Dec 2022 at 14:15

Is Lutetium available on the NHS? I read that is wasn't in England but is in Scotland meaning you would get is on the NHS and not private. Any further info on this would be great.