I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bad doctor

User
Posted 30 Dec 2022 at 10:39

Well not had all test done yet just awaiting the Biopsies to be done, the consultant i saw on the 29 December said he is 99% that I have cancer.  It is treatable because they got it early,  should have been found in March this year but my 1 of the gp in my surgery did nothing about the high psa results.  Good side is I suffer a stomach problem and had to see another gp she was fab because she read up on my test results and demand more as soon as she got the she referred me that was 5 weeks ago. So now on the road to somewhere 

User
Posted 30 Dec 2022 at 11:03

Welcome to the club Tim sigh

Sorry you are joining but there are lots of great helpful and knowledgeable people on here.

if you feel like it it could be helpful to share your results when you have them.

Kind regards

Nigel

User
Posted 30 Dec 2022 at 11:42

Hey Monty sorry you are here. Yes GPs...

My DR said I was too young to have prostate cancer - one prostectmy later...

The waiting is the worst bit, once you have a treatment plan in place most of us seem to feel a bit better. Despite a false start looks like you have been caught early and the treatment path is of curative intent. 

User
Posted 03 Feb 2023 at 07:15

Sorry for the delay getting things put up on here, my head and emotions have made it hard to deal with. Had a lot of help to cope with this from prostate uk and mac macmillan. Head heading to right places.  So my glacon score was 6 my other was 4.9 and cell count was 16 out of 23. Both sides have it, so will be going to have my prostate removed  as this is the advice I was given,  under the conditions in my family.. my father and his brothers have had it out of 5 he is the only 1 left alive, and on my mums side her 2 brothers have had it with her sister passing last year after 5 different cancer battles 

User
Posted 19 Feb 2023 at 15:43

Well now have appointment for oncology on 20 March, in grimsby  seams a long wait 

User
Posted 20 Feb 2023 at 21:37
Hi Timothy,

If your Gleason is 6 it's usually slow growing.

If you're going to see the Oncologist that is usually to arrange radiotherapy.

The 20th March is exactly 4 weeks.

Good luck.

Peter

User
Posted 21 Feb 2023 at 12:27

It's ata 6 but full prostate with no margin it will be 7 soon I am going in in April to have my prostate removed. Seeing the oncologist is a precaution just in case I need further treatment as I am at high risk of other cancer 

User
Posted 02 Mar 2023 at 14:05

Now have date for my opp 5 April with my in happening on the 4 all done at castle hill hospital  hull,

Update now changed to 21 as my other medical problem has got out of control been in hospital on iv antibiotics to help control it

Edited by member 27 Mar 2023 at 17:51  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 27 Mar 2023 at 21:45

Hi Timothy,  good luck with both of your conditions.  Peter