Show search

Notification

Error

Possible mets after SABR

User
Posted 19 Feb 2023 at 20:00

Please read profile. 

PSA now 4.83, doubling time 5 months. 

PET & bone scans arranged in next couple weeks.

CT scan last week. Oncologist wrote & advised

" CT scan show plaque-like soft tissue within the abdominal hernia which may indicate prostate cancer. 

There is 1 other plaque-like lesion next to the liver. 

Also seen, an indeterminal nodule in the right upper lobe of the lung. There is no measurable disease in the pelvis & none seen in the bones".

We are struggling to understand what this means, and are so worried. The bone scan and PET scan are in the next couple weeks, before seeing the oncologist on the 15th. 

Are there mets in the lung, hernia and near the liver? Thank you.

User
Posted 20 Feb 2023 at 10:57

Mrs Fish, different time lines but some similarities, except I haven't had any HT and my Salvage RT did reduce the PSA for a while.

Following SABR to a pelvic lymph node tumor in August last year my PSA is rising faster than at any other time. I see my oncologist on the 19th of March.  We have spoken about further PSMA and more SABR treatment. He had previously said that mets were likely but not proven. I had numerous CT and bone scans in the last two years as part of a vaccine trial but nothing was ever detected until the PSMA scan.

My PSA is double what it was 5 months ago 1.8 to 3.6.

Sorry I can't be of any real help, there seems to be little information on SABR treatment to hot spots.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 20 Feb 2023 at 18:41

T, the appointment on the 19th is to further discuss the next steps , provisionally that will be PSMA scan and further SABR treatment if they find something. My last meeting was five months after SABR where the PSA had gone from 1.8 to 3.1, I was hoping the 3.1 was a lab error but I sneaked another PSA test through my GP last week and it is 3.6. 

I did note his/ your oh's PSA had initially gone done after his SABR. I was told I could possibly have three additional hot spots treated on the NHS or possibly 5 if done through my health insurance.

Perhaps SABR is not going to be the game changer I thought it would be. 

Hope it works out for you,I will watch your posts with interest.

Edited by member 20 Feb 2023 at 18:42  | Reason: Not specified

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 20 Feb 2023 at 10:57

Mrs Fish, different time lines but some similarities, except I haven't had any HT and my Salvage RT did reduce the PSA for a while.

Following SABR to a pelvic lymph node tumor in August last year my PSA is rising faster than at any other time. I see my oncologist on the 19th of March.  We have spoken about further PSMA and more SABR treatment. He had previously said that mets were likely but not proven. I had numerous CT and bone scans in the last two years as part of a vaccine trial but nothing was ever detected until the PSMA scan.

My PSA is double what it was 5 months ago 1.8 to 3.6.

Sorry I can't be of any real help, there seems to be little information on SABR treatment to hot spots.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 20 Feb 2023 at 18:13
Thank you Chris.

PSA doubling time was 4-6 months prior to SABR.

SABR gave D 10 months without any treatment, think the cancer cells have taken root in a couple of places again?

We're just concerned that soft tissue and a lung is affected now, and whether SABR can help again.

Are you having scans prior to the appointment on the 19th March?

Thanks, Teresa

User
Posted 20 Feb 2023 at 18:41

T, the appointment on the 19th is to further discuss the next steps , provisionally that will be PSMA scan and further SABR treatment if they find something. My last meeting was five months after SABR where the PSA had gone from 1.8 to 3.1, I was hoping the 3.1 was a lab error but I sneaked another PSA test through my GP last week and it is 3.6. 

I did note his/ your oh's PSA had initially gone done after his SABR. I was told I could possibly have three additional hot spots treated on the NHS or possibly 5 if done through my health insurance.

Perhaps SABR is not going to be the game changer I thought it would be. 

Hope it works out for you,I will watch your posts with interest.

Edited by member 20 Feb 2023 at 18:42  | Reason: Not specified