I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

10 years and counting

User
Posted 22 Feb 2023 at 13:23

It's 10 years since my PC journey started following a routine company medical. Surgery, salvage RT and the past 2 years on HT have taken their toll but I still have reasonably good quality of life and lots to look forward to with a new granddaughter, a recent house move and time away in our campervan.

My PSA is on the increase and I'm hoping to get access to a trial before chemo as the next step.....results from recent CT and bone scans next week will determine that I suppose. 

With a G9/T3 diagnosis, I really never expected to get this far so I hope this short update provides some of our recent members, with a challenging diagnosis, that there is always hope for some good years ahead. 

User
Posted 22 Feb 2023 at 13:23

It's 10 years since my PC journey started following a routine company medical. Surgery, salvage RT and the past 2 years on HT have taken their toll but I still have reasonably good quality of life and lots to look forward to with a new granddaughter, a recent house move and time away in our campervan.

My PSA is on the increase and I'm hoping to get access to a trial before chemo as the next step.....results from recent CT and bone scans next week will determine that I suppose. 

With a G9/T3 diagnosis, I really never expected to get this far so I hope this short update provides some of our recent members, with a challenging diagnosis, that there is always hope for some good years ahead. 

User
Posted 23 Feb 2023 at 11:00

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi Elaine, no HT with SRT. I had about 5 years post SRT before HT was introduced.

Thanks for the reply Andrew.

Thanks again for the post, it’s the guys like you who really do offer a lot of hope to many others 👍

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 22 Feb 2023 at 13:45

Well done Andrew, delighted to read your news.

User
Posted 22 Feb 2023 at 15:38

Good news Andrew and all the best for the future!

User
Posted 22 Feb 2023 at 16:29

Great update Andrew. Hope you get the best possible results from the scans.

Similar stats to my husband (plus he had N1), he was much older than you when first diagnosed though. 14 months post RARP and we've seen a very slight rise in PSA from undetectable (0.025 at our lab).

Can I ask when you had SRT did you have any HT along with it?

Keep going strong and will look forward to another 10 year update!

Best wishes

Elaine

User
Posted 22 Feb 2023 at 19:23

Andrew, great news,long may it continue,soon approaching nine years post surgery myself.

Thanks Chris 😊

User
Posted 22 Feb 2023 at 19:34

Brilliant news, so pleased for you.

User
Posted 22 Feb 2023 at 21:24

Hi Elaine, no HT with SRT. I had about 5 years post SRT before HT was introduced.

User
Posted 23 Feb 2023 at 09:48

Great update Andrew. Lots of things to enjoy too. 

Ido4

User
Posted 23 Feb 2023 at 11:00

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Thanks for the reply Andrew.

Thanks again for the post, it’s the guys like you who really do offer a lot of hope to many others 👍