Show search

Notification

Error

Next stage of journey

User
Posted 21 Mar 2023 at 21:19

Hi all,

Thought I would give a little update date 

Oncol visit just week, Psa now 164 and several Lymph nodes enlarged. Long discussion on where we go next as regards to treatment. 

Firstly being put forward to see if they will test for BRCA due to family history & hopefully access to Olaparib. Should now the answer to this by next appointment in June.

Failing that we move to more chemo  (cabazitaxel) in mid August, just after 10th anniversary of diagnosis.

Tolerated first chemo very well with very few side effects so as this is a similar type hoping for the same, but fully aware that this may not be the case!

I am aware that the tool box is pretty much empty after that & we have delayed chemo to allow time for another drug to be approved for use by snhs, can't remember the name but she did say it was a radioactive drug so the where, the how by whom will take time to sort out as there is currently no facility available in Scotland for delivery of this? (Will get the name in June)

Other than that all is well, living life to the full.

Steve

User
Posted 22 Mar 2023 at 13:06
Hi Steve just read your profile, looks like you've had a decent run up to the last 6 months. Wishing you all the very best that the proposed future treatment plan flattens it again.
User
Posted 22 Mar 2023 at 13:17
Steve very sad to read this but glad you have been living your life to the full and stayed relatively well. Fills me with dread reading this , being the same age as you and maybe not far behind you treatment wise. You’re very brave mate and stay strong.
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 22 Mar 2023 at 13:06
Hi Steve just read your profile, looks like you've had a decent run up to the last 6 months. Wishing you all the very best that the proposed future treatment plan flattens it again.
User
Posted 22 Mar 2023 at 13:17
Steve very sad to read this but glad you have been living your life to the full and stayed relatively well. Fills me with dread reading this , being the same age as you and maybe not far behind you treatment wise. You’re very brave mate and stay strong.
User
Posted 22 Mar 2023 at 19:54

Scrimmy,

I wish you well.  Let's hope the 'radioactive' drug is sorted for you, and that you won't have to travel too far for it.

Keep well.

JedSee.