I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Ureter Lesion

User
Posted 22 Mar 2023 at 11:16

I am currently being treated for metastatic prostate cancer at the Royal Marsden. A few weeks ago I had a pain in my left loin area and was concerned that it was from the cancer in my lymph nodes in that area. I had a urine test at my GP's surgery to rule out urinary tract infection and was referred my local hospital (Milton Keynes) for a CT scan.

The CT scan showed hydronephrosis in my left kidney and a suggestion of a soft tissue lesion at the ureter bladder junction.

The scans were sent to the Royal Marsden who also have my previous CT scans - a choline PET/CT scan in 2018 and a PSMA PET/CT scan in 2021. The Marsden MDT looked at the scans and they thought that the lesion was unlikely to be related to my prostate cancer and suggested that the lesion be investigated at Milton Keynes.

Thus I am having another CT scan this time with contrast agent later this week and cystoscopy in three weeks time. The cystoscopy will be under general anaesthetic as depending on what is seen I may have a resection of the lesion/tumour and possibly ureteroscopy of my left ureter.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Tom