I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Something is not right

User
Posted 06 Apr 2023 at 20:07

Hello Everyone, problem I don't get the urge to urinate during the day, just little dribbles in my pad, changing.them four times a day, I admit I don't drink much during the day. But when I drink a lot I have to go soon afterwards, then during sleep I get the urge to urinate several times during the night, with a good stream and pressure, this happens every hour or so, any thoughts or ideas, thanks 

User
Posted 07 Apr 2023 at 23:11

Peter, a difficult one to answer. I have a permanent catheter so notice how much urine I produce, overnight I sometimes produce as little as 200mls sometimes it can be 1800 mls. Same in the day sometimes I can produce 500mls an hour sometimes 50mls an hour.

The warmer weather will soon start to affect urine out put. Other drinks, tea, coffee etc will also affect output in different way to water.

Hopefully someone else will be along to help 

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 08 Apr 2023 at 15:17

Hi Peter,

I don't think there is a answer that we all looking for on this subject, for me everyday is different I can pee a lot or a little perhaps holding back from drinking not good idea but I've done the same but I can't see any pattern in anything .

I've had crap week on general health and discomfort but incontinence has been much better until today back to square one !

I'm glad I'm retired and haven't got to fit all this in around work but it does stop me from doing a lot , my son will come round later today and we will watch our team on Sky .

Keep posting and we will get there !

Vern.

User
Posted 09 Apr 2023 at 02:14
You need to drink lots... If the problem is incontinence try and get a referral to the incontinence team...
User
Posted 09 Apr 2023 at 08:40

Hi Vern, I think it's just bad and different this week because of this bad cough, as you say it can be different every day, I know I must drink more. Hope your other health issues get better soon. Who is your team? I support Birmingham City for my sins.

User
Posted 09 Apr 2023 at 10:15

Morning Peter,

Yes agree it's not helped by a cough or cold I've just been out for a walk felt better today but had a coughing fit half way needless to say didn't go well !

Southampton is my team so we take the ups and downs, great memories of winning the FA cup in 76 and following the Saints in Europe in my early twenties .

All the best.

Vern.

User
Posted 09 Apr 2023 at 13:25

Bobby Stokes

User
Posted 11 Apr 2023 at 14:22

Hi, 

What is an incontinence team??

User
Posted 11 Apr 2023 at 16:21

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi, 

What is an incontinence team??

Far too soon after your op for you to be thinking about a referral to the incontinence team, jsm. At 2 weeks post-op it is perfectly normal for you to have no bladder control. Incontinence clinics are usually run in the urology dept at the hospital or by district nurses and are for men who have been incontinent for at least 6 months. 

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard