Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

New Pain

User
Posted 24 Apr 2023 at 05:00

Hi All

I had  RARP operation with some lymph node removal just under a month ago.  I have suffered very little pain from the procedure ,but in contrast to most of the people on the forum found the catheter absolutely horrible -I was delighted when it was removed at day 18.

Over the last three nights I have been unable to sleep beyond 3-4 hours because of abdominal pain. Not what I would call severe, but enough to keep me awake. When I get up and move around (or sit at the computer asking questions on the forum lol) it more or less disappears. Lying flat seems to be the problem especially if I lie on my right side. My belly is still quite swollen.

Should I be concerned or is this just a part of the healing process- I know it is still early days.

User
Posted 24 Apr 2023 at 07:38
Always check with the hospital but it sounds like bladder spasms now your bladder is having to do some work again it's getting cramps!
User
Posted 24 Apr 2023 at 08:35

Check your temperature too.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 24 Apr 2023 at 07:38
Always check with the hospital but it sounds like bladder spasms now your bladder is having to do some work again it's getting cramps!
User
Posted 24 Apr 2023 at 08:35

Check your temperature too.