Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Blood in ejaculation & urine

User
Posted 09 May 2023 at 15:00

hi folks

I'm looking for people who have been in a similar situation to me.

I've had all the tests (MRI, CT, Ultrasound, Cystoscopy) multiple times and have effectively been discharged, the MRI's indicated blood in my prostate seminal vesicles, and prostate stones on the ultrasound.

I continually have strong blood in my ejaculations 100% of the time. And every few months I have a UTI like flare up with blood in my urine, which lasts for a few months, and then goes away for a few months..... This has been going on for 2+ years now.

I'm not sure what to do, it doesn't seem right to be ignoring the blood. I also get terrible fatigue when I have flare-ups which are making life hard from a work and family perspective.

Is there anyone out there who has been in this situation or anyone with any advice?

Thanks

Jon 

User
Posted 09 May 2023 at 16:27

Hi,

Noticed you have posted on this a few times over the years. Did you ever get a prostate friendly saddle, and continue cycling?

Do you have a measure of your iron levels in your blood, it is the fatigue that would concern me?

P.

User
Posted 09 May 2023 at 17:41

hi there

Yes, I've started cycling again, mainly road cycling, probably about once a month. I did get a new saddle for my mountain bike, and I probably should still get one for my road bike but I haven't got around to it.

The last blood test didn't highlight anything untoward, but the symptoms come and go. I didn't have any blood in my urine since last November (seamen is always bloody), and I was hoping I'd gotten past it somehow, but it's been back for a month now.

What worries me is that I'm bleeding and there must be a reason, so simply ignoring it without any monitoring seems like a gamble.

Prostatitis has been mentioned, but it seems like a catch-all phrase for anything to do with the prostate that isn't cancer, and there's no process for men in my situation. 

J