I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Falls

User
Posted 17 May 2023 at 15:10

Hi again, I joined the forum recently and have already found the replies to questions helpful. My husband's bone mets are extensive and he is currently going through 10 sessions of chemo. He has had 2 falls (one at the weekend) and says his feet feel that they don't belong to him. He has been given some excercises from a physio to try to improve his balance. The oncologist has queried 'periferal neurology' but not altered his chemo yet. Has anyone else experienced this and what advice were you given?

User
Posted 17 May 2023 at 19:54

Peripheral Neuropathy is a potential complication of chemo - losing feeling in feet and/or hands. Being unable to feel pressure on feet can certainly increase risk of falls, prevent driving, etc. Sometimes it will cause the chemo course to be cut shorter, but that's probably a conversation he needs to have with his oncologist.

User
Posted 18 May 2023 at 13:59

Thanks for that info Andy. Since posting this, my husband has had a call from oncology to say they are going to reduce his chemo by 20% until they decide what is causing the falls. He is now worried that the treatment will be less effective but at least the haven't stopped it.