I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Perineum Discomfort

User
Posted 29 May 2023 at 09:51

I'm just over four weeks post robot assisted RP surgery and I'm interested in peoples experiences with perineum pain and discomfort. The last week I've been suffering discomfort that has made sitting, standing and walking really uncomfortable. Not so much painful, just really uncomfortable. I'm having to sit slouched down so not to put pressure on my perineum for a while, then stand up for a while, then walk, then repeat!! I think I've had a pretty easy time of it up to now with no real symptoms before diagnosis and a pretty trouble free pain free experience directly after surgery. This is the first thing that has really impacted on my ability to go about my business and it's properly getting me down. Any tips or the benefit of your experiences will be appreciated.

User
Posted 29 May 2023 at 14:49

MF ,it is not an unusual issue, at four weeks things are settling down small amounts of debris in the perineum can irritate it. It is often mentioned the water works discomfort can be  transmitted pain from another part of the water works.

Drinking water may help flush any debris out. What you drink may have an effect but what affects one person may have no effect on another.

Thanks Chris 

Edited by member 29 May 2023 at 14:50  | Reason: Not specified