I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bicalutamide side effects and feeling poorly.

User
Posted 15 Jun 2023 at 15:39

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in March 2023 and started on Bicalutamide. prior to my radiotherapy treatment. For the first few weeks I had few side effects but very soon I developed a number of side effect including extreme tiredness/ fatigue, fuzzy headaches, flu like symptoms, severe back pain, aches and pains , nausea and generally feeling poorly. I have to continue with my tablets for a further 10 weeks before starting my radiotherapy and then hopefully things will improve. No pain no gain as they say.😂

Edited by member 15 Jun 2023 at 16:38  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 15 Jun 2023 at 17:22

John , I started bicalutamide two weeks ago. The stomach discomfort has now gone, I am now suffering with constipation, aggravated by pain killers. Certainly tiredness and lack of stamina. Bit of back / kidney pain. My facial hair growth is half what it normally was. Joints seems to be aching more than normal.The strange one is my flaccid penis is twice the size it normally is a couple of hours after getting up in the morning, only lasts for an hour or so.

Hope all goes well.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 15 Jun 2023 at 17:24

I sympathise with you John, but if you’re only on them for 10 weeks before RT starts that’s not so bad.
I would keep as active as possible and be good to yourself to help you get through it. I’m going to be doing that for another 2 years to try and keep the joint aches at bay!

User
Posted 15 Jun 2023 at 17:26

I think this type of medication affects us all differently Chris. Hope everything goes well for you, hang on in there. 👍

User
Posted 15 Jun 2023 at 17:29

Thanks for that mate, yeah just 10 more weeks to go. Hope everything goes well with you.👍🤞.

Edited by member 15 Jun 2023 at 22:36  | Reason: Not specified