I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bicalutamide, IBS C, digestion

User
Posted 18 Jun 2023 at 18:38

Been in Bicalutamide for just over a year. RT finished at end of Dec 2022. I already had long term M.E., fibromyalgia and IBS but Bicalutamide seems to have made things worse. IBS and constipation is so bad. Can also be unpredictable when I do need to go so trips out can be 'interesting'. Had stool samples taken and all ok, referred to dietitian. Slightly anaemic but not enough for GP to prescribe anything. Really getting me down - takes away any pleasure from eating. Anyone else had digestion affected so much by ADT ? Thanks

User
Posted 19 Jun 2023 at 12:35

Sorry for what you're going through.

Bowel problems are common after RT and you are certainly within the timeframe for that, and usually slowly return to normal. Why do you think it's the Bicalutamide, rather than the RT?

User
Posted 19 Jun 2023 at 13:13

Thanks for responding. I thought if there were any problems with bowels after RT it was usually loose bowels whereas I'm very constipated - and that it listed as a side effect of Bicalutamide. Don't know ....

User
Posted 19 Jun 2023 at 14:39

Jed , I started bicalutamide a few weeks ago and also suffering with constipation. The oncologist today suggested a change of diet rather than using laxatives. As a result of straining I am passing blood in the back passage and the penis.

Thanks Chris