I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

The best news I've had in quite a while

User
Posted 23 Jun 2023 at 10:48

I met with my Oncologist on Tuesday this week to discuss the results from my latest PSMA PET CT scan.

Full details are on my biog/profile but long story short: diagnosed last July/August 2022 after a routine medical showed a raised PSA (not hugely but a significant increase on my pre Lockdown levels) - no symptoms. My wife had died aged 60 from a degenerative genetic brain disease in May 2022; I was her main carer.

Gleason 5 + 4; cancer in my mesorectal nodes; indeterminate lesion on my sacral bone. Treatment Prostap + Abiraterone + Prednisolone + Zoledronic Acid and Jan to March 2023, radiotherapy - 37 fractions. PSA has now been undetectable for several months. Body has been coping well with treatment just suffering some fatigue, insomnia and flushes like most. Coping well with busy life post retirement. Doing as much as I can by way of good diet, exercise etc etc.

The results from the scan were very positive: no further spread observed; "the uptake in the prostate gland has significantly reduced (max. SUV 3.5 previously 16.7). The mesorectal nodes have been resolved". Sacral bone spot no longer detectable. I have some uptake on L1 vertebra which they seem relaxed about but are going to give me an MRI to check.

Plan is to continue on my treatment as is for 3 years but then review and discuss whether I come off the ADT/hormone treatment.

After nearly a year of tough meetings and treatment that is the most positive news I have had. 

Sending my best wishes and regards to everyone else on the forum.

User
Posted 23 Jun 2023 at 12:03

Great news long may it continue gaz 👍

User
Posted 23 Jun 2023 at 21:29

D Bear,

That's Brilliant News.  

Best wishes,

JedSee

User
Posted 23 Jun 2023 at 22:12

So Pleased for you D Bear, all the best for the future.

Derek

User
Posted 23 Jun 2023 at 23:15
In view of your diagnosis you seem to be responding very well. Long may it continue.
Barry
User
Posted 24 Jun 2023 at 21:02

That is great news. You seem to be responding really well to treatment.

Ido4

User
Posted 25 Jun 2023 at 06:41

Great news keep it up 👍