I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pomi-T Food Supplement

User
Posted 04 Jul 2023 at 14:54

I have recurring Prostate Cancer with a PSA reading of 12.8 in March 2023 which has risen slowly over the last few rears after radiotherapy in 2004.  I was dreading the day I had to start Hormone therapy. I am maybe a coward but feeling great I didnt want to suffer the side effects. I read all I could read on the subject and in so doing came across a study  which took place some years ago in the USA involving 199 guys with Prostate Cancer. They took this blend of natural ingredients Tumeric Green Tea Pomegranate and Broccoli.   Most of the ones taking the real thing saw a reduction or hold on their PSA readings.  The food supplement was easily available on Amazon so I thought what the heck and started taking it after my last PSA test in March. I was amazed that in June my PSA was down to 9.1 !!

I am  due another PSA test in August before my next hospital appointment so will post the results of that one.

The name of the  capsules are Pomi-T and you can search them on uTube where some British doctors review them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV4QFUJfzxA   

User
Posted 04 Jul 2023 at 16:19
You've posted previously that you've had a "bouncing PSA" rather than a steady rise, and that you've had times when your PSA has fallen rather than risen. Unfortunately there is no good evidence that any food supplement can have an effect on the spread or recurrence of cancer. Many men here take this supplement. The best that can be said is that it probably won't do you any harm.

All the best,

Chris

User
Posted 04 Jul 2023 at 17:58

Watching that link... '46% of subjects saw PSA drop or stay stable'. But there is no explanation of what status these subject had at the start (presumably that info is around somewhere). But based on the claims being made based on the mechanisms of the four superfoods I would have expected far more significant conclusions. Typically for such dietary ingredients to have noticeable effects you need to be dosing huge quantities.

I just had a discussion with a Clinical Radiologist about antioxidants during radiation therapy. Their view was that the jury is out on benefit vs harm. On one hand the hypotheses that antioxidants somehow 'defend' cancer cells and so contribute to less effective radiation... vs the other school of thought that antioxidants aid the treatment through the properties discussed here.

So... I continue taking my intense turmeric and curcumin; multivitamin; iron and magnesium supplements, and drink mostly rooibos tea. Whether it makes a difference only time will tell, but as an ex-pharma/medical device engineer I am always more likely to go with therapies proven through robust clinical studies than the more 'alternative' approaches.

Edited by member 04 Jul 2023 at 18:16  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 04 Jul 2023 at 18:32
Unfortunately there are many businesses that play on the insecurities of individuals especially in times of stress - from fat shaming diet fads to miracle cure health foods.

Our personal health crisis has developed over the last 4, 5 or 6 decades of poor decisions and responding to the hype of processed food advertising, excess fat and sugar, stress from money/work etc. We now pay the price.

Until the NHS/Health Experts start to hand out these 'magic' supplements on prescription I will saving my money.