I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

priapism/invicorp qustion

User
Posted 12 Jul 2023 at 21:26

I am wondering about what exactly constitutes priapism. I find Invicorp to be quite long lasting. Last time I tried it, I injected about half the dose and it lasted over two hours. It did then start to go down, but very slowly. At at about three and a half hours it was maybe at 1/4 or 1/5. It wasn't until a little after four hours that it was completely back to normal. Looking at medical sites on the web, some suggest that it is only really a full, rigid erection beyond four hours that counts as priapism. Others suggest that any amount of sustained rigidity can be dangerous. I will ask about it at my next appointment with andrology, but that's not until October. In the meantime, if anyone has any advice I'd be grateful to hear it!

User
Posted 12 Jul 2023 at 21:55
A&E would consider it to be an urgent matter if you have had an erection for 4 hours - not if you still have a bit of a lazy lob.

We went to the hospital when the erection was 4 hours old. We waited in A&E while they got a urologist in from home - that took nearly another hour and he said "let's wait a little while longer before we start blood-letting." It did start to go down by itself - perhaps it was the prospect of them sticking a huge needle in! The problem afterwards is two-fold - there is a good chance that you won't be allowed to have any more prescriptions for caverject (or whatever you are taking) and getting erections in the future can be more difficult. So do anything you can to avoid the prolonged erection!

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 13 Jul 2023 at 05:51
I only worried about hard erections after the event when I was using the injections.

Once it stopped poking me in the eye I would cease walking up and down the stairs and go back to bed.

The midnight stair climbing is what the urologist recommended to "switch it off"!

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 12 Jul 2023 at 21:55
A&E would consider it to be an urgent matter if you have had an erection for 4 hours - not if you still have a bit of a lazy lob.

We went to the hospital when the erection was 4 hours old. We waited in A&E while they got a urologist in from home - that took nearly another hour and he said "let's wait a little while longer before we start blood-letting." It did start to go down by itself - perhaps it was the prospect of them sticking a huge needle in! The problem afterwards is two-fold - there is a good chance that you won't be allowed to have any more prescriptions for caverject (or whatever you are taking) and getting erections in the future can be more difficult. So do anything you can to avoid the prolonged erection!

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 13 Jul 2023 at 05:51
I only worried about hard erections after the event when I was using the injections.

Once it stopped poking me in the eye I would cease walking up and down the stairs and go back to bed.

The midnight stair climbing is what the urologist recommended to "switch it off"!

User
Posted 13 Jul 2023 at 16:49

Thanks both, that all makes a lot of sense. I definitely don't want to end up in A&E, so will do all I can to avoid that, and won't take any action unless it's still "poking me in the eye" (lol!) four hours later. I wish Invicorp had a variable dose like Caverject...

User
Posted 13 Jul 2023 at 19:20

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Thanks both, that all makes a lot of sense. I definitely don't want to end up in A&E, so will do all I can to avoid that, and won't take any action unless it's still "poking me in the eye" (lol!) four hours later. I wish Invicorp had a variable dose like Caverject...

You can reduce the Invicorp dose.

I had severe priapism with Caverjet and after several years of trying now get Invicorp prescribed. It varies in its effectiveness, several have failed completely, others have lasted c2.5 hours and extremely ridged, especially recently. All from the same batch. Last time I prepared the syringe and then slowly squirted out 5 of the 25mg and injected 20. Erection was very slightly less ridged but lasted 1.5 hours. I shall try the next one the same.

Cheers

Bill

Edited by member 13 Jul 2023 at 19:22  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 13 Jul 2023 at 22:01

"You can reduce the Invicorp dose.

.... Last time I prepared the syringe and then slowly squirted out 5 of the 25mcg and injected 20"

John does something similar

User
Posted 14 Jul 2023 at 05:20

Thanks Bill and Lyn, good advice. I was thinking I'd just have to eyeball it while injecting and try to use half the amount (which is what I did last time). Of course, squirting some out of the syringe beforehand makes much more sense! I'm somewhat alarmed by my own lack of practical common sense...