I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Travel Insurance Query

User
Posted 30 Aug 2023 at 16:42

Hi, we have a prebooked European city break in early November.  Following an invite from GP for a health check as he was 60 other half was referred for MRI and biopsy as PSA was 5.1.

The biopsy result specifically says no malignancy found but because of focal high grade PIN and ASAP he has a repeat blood test and face to face appointment in early January.

We have had Travel Insurance with a packaged bank account for several years.  Do I need to speak to the Insurance Company? Are they likely to charge a supplement?

Thanks in advance.

User
Posted 30 Aug 2023 at 18:23

My advice would be to ask for a copy of your medical records and see what’s on them, then make a decision. My gut feeling is that you would be better to speak to your insurers as they will do everything in their powers to avoid paying out in my experience. If theres anything at all on your medical records that you haven’t declared they will use it to avoid paying.

User
Posted 30 Aug 2023 at 19:18
Speaking to your insurers is probably best, you don't want something to happen and find you aren't covered.

In my experience with a bank account linked travel insurance (Nationwide for us) while there is something still under investigation they simply say a claim related to the investigation (i.e. anything to do with the prostate) is excluded but other things remain covered. The results so far don't suggest any related medical emergency is likely in the next few months, but you will want to know you are covered if (say) a broken leg means you need to pay for hospital treatment and to rearrange your journey home.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 30 Aug 2023 at 18:23

My advice would be to ask for a copy of your medical records and see what’s on them, then make a decision. My gut feeling is that you would be better to speak to your insurers as they will do everything in their powers to avoid paying out in my experience. If theres anything at all on your medical records that you haven’t declared they will use it to avoid paying.

User
Posted 30 Aug 2023 at 19:18
Speaking to your insurers is probably best, you don't want something to happen and find you aren't covered.

In my experience with a bank account linked travel insurance (Nationwide for us) while there is something still under investigation they simply say a claim related to the investigation (i.e. anything to do with the prostate) is excluded but other things remain covered. The results so far don't suggest any related medical emergency is likely in the next few months, but you will want to know you are covered if (say) a broken leg means you need to pay for hospital treatment and to rearrange your journey home.