I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Good days and bad

User
Posted 04 Sep 2023 at 08:14

I have recently been diagnosed with chronic Prostatitis and I am currently on a course of antibiotics and alpha blockers. Two weeks into my treatment and so far I’m experiencing good days and bad. Overall I would say that my symptoms have improved. When I have a bad day there seems to be no obvious cause. 

Is it normal to experience good and bad days with this condition. I’m new to dealing with this so any advice is welcome.

User
Posted 04 Sep 2023 at 20:36

Sorry, I no nothing about prostatitis, just posting to bump your post up.

Dave

User
Posted 04 Sep 2023 at 22:47

I suffered from prostatitis for many years and never had a positive  test for bacteria. I had good days, bad days and very bad days!. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer 12 years ago. One of the reasons (no evidence for this!) I decided to have my prostate removed was, I thought, if I get rid of my prostate I will kill two birds.....! On recovery from surgery my prostatitis symptoms disappeared completely and now I am not only cancer free but also free from prostatitis. Of course, I am not suggesting that you have your prostate removed! I have a gut felling, without any evidence whatsoever, that years of inflammation in my prostate may have precipitated my cancer; I come from a large family with many  brothers and none of them or my father or grand father had cancer.

Just a word of warning: I suggest you, keep track of your PSA. My PSA was allover the place but over a couple of years when I was relatively free of prostatitis I noticed my rate of rise of my PSA was very alarming but my GPs did not think that wasn't important. I bypassed my GP and went private, had prostatectomy in a private hospital and the rest is history.  I hope you get sorted out soon and good luck.

'Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.'                    Richard Feynman (1918-1988) Nobel Prize laureate

User
Posted 14 Sep 2023 at 06:11

Chronic prostatitis, also known as chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS), can be a challenging condition to manage. It often presents with symptoms such as pelvic pain, discomfort, urinary symptoms, and sexual dysfunction. The causes of chronic prostatitis can vary and may include infection, inflammation, or other factors.

The treatment approach typically involves a combination of therapies, including antibiotics and alpha-blockers, which you are currently taking. Antibiotics are prescribed if there is an underlying bacterial infection contributing to your symptoms. Alpha-blockers can help relax the muscles around the prostate and bladder, which can alleviate some of the discomfort and urinary symptoms. qr scanner