I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PSA still very high, but better

User
Posted 08 Sep 2023 at 10:55
Just had Oncology consultant t/c.  After two months on enzalutamide my PSA has dropped from 98.2 to 45.0 (which is still bloody high).  Still, it's gone down from 98.2 > 72.4 > 45.0 four weeks at a time, so it seems reasonably positive progress.  They are giving me 3 months supply to collect on Monday and will check up on me again in December.  Consultant seemed very happy with me, and seems to think they've got things more under control again.

I'd still love to know how it got up to 98.2 in the first place, after five years of a combination of Prostap, 37x RT, and 6x Docetaxel, when it was mostly bumbling along at below age-average all that time from a starting point of 62!

Edited by member 08 Sep 2023 at 11:13  | Reason: remove emoji

User
Posted 08 Sep 2023 at 11:14

Good to hear that the PSA is coming back under control. Could it be an infection rather than the cancer that raised the PSA on this occasion?

Dave

User
Posted 08 Sep 2023 at 11:28

It would be nice if that was the answer, but I don't recall anything early in the year beyond good old man-flu.

User
Posted 08 Sep 2023 at 11:33
Great news the PSA has halved Stew with the enzalutamide.

Are you still on Prostap or has the enza replaced it?

User
Posted 08 Sep 2023 at 11:43

Enzalutamide plus prostap at the moment.  Seems to be the plan for the foreseeable future.  A very sweaty mixture, even with my cyproterone dosage being doubled to try to cope!