I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

TINGLING AND THE ODD PAIN

User
Posted 09 Sep 2023 at 20:02

Hi ok call me tony...ok I keep getting the odd pain in my feet and tingling what's causing it..my recent bloods are done. My latest psa level is 0.01...bloods are fine although my colestral level was high but now is falling...its at 5.3..I'm on a good diet of lots of fruit  veg,cholestorol lowering yoghurt  etc and plenty of water etc...

Cheers Tonyc01

Edited by member 13 Sep 2023 at 21:17  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 10 Sep 2023 at 00:18

Hi Tony, you're not on the same drugs as I was taking but I can say that with Zoladex there's a tendency for effects like that. It's also true for a number of chemo drugs.

Nice work keeping the cholesterol down!

Jules

User
Posted 10 Sep 2023 at 05:59

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
.I didn't have chemo...I had radio therapy...I was put on prostap 3 hormone and aplautamide tablets

I do understand that, neither did I, but as a starting point I'd suggest the prostap/aplautamide could be having adverse side effects.

Jules

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 10 Sep 2023 at 00:18

Hi Tony, you're not on the same drugs as I was taking but I can say that with Zoladex there's a tendency for effects like that. It's also true for a number of chemo drugs.

Nice work keeping the cholesterol down!

Jules

User
Posted 10 Sep 2023 at 00:33

Hi Thanks for replying...I didn't have chemo...I had radio therapy...I was put on prostap 3 hormone and aplautamide tablets and was told my prostrate wasn't removable because its slightly advanced...and it's dangerous for me...so my cancer is controlled with regular blood tests ..and my psa is checked...at present my psa level is 0.01....in myself I feel OK but I do get the odd tingling and odd sharp pain....

Cheers for you're great expert advice

AJ Corish

Edited by member 10 Sep 2023 at 00:46  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 10 Sep 2023 at 05:59

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
.I didn't have chemo...I had radio therapy...I was put on prostap 3 hormone and aplautamide tablets

I do understand that, neither did I, but as a starting point I'd suggest the prostap/aplautamide could be having adverse side effects.

Jules

User
Posted 10 Sep 2023 at 22:27

Hi Julie's ok ive been on prostap 3 and applautamide most of the time its been brilliant,but when I was diagnosed with high choledtrol I was put on a tablet called Ezetimibe 10mg,since then I've done nothing but been very flatulant and had one or two very small pains could this be a sign its the ezetimibe that causing it ?....oh bytheway thanks for you're great help too....

Cheers A J Corish

User
Posted 10 Sep 2023 at 23:49

Tony, I don't know for sure but what I did find with Zoladex hormone therapy was that it definitely had side effects that weren't mentioned in the guff that came with it that were also unknown to my GP. I was given an overdose [long story] of Zoladex at one point and symptoms like the nerve tingling increased markedly. I had wondered if it was the drug itself or the lack of testosterone but after I stopped taking the Z that issue and a couple of others disappeared. I suppose I have to be careful here in that the tingling could be a sign of something else but ... ?

As for the Ezetimibe, I don't know but there'd have to be someone here who has experience with it.

Jules

User
Posted 13 Sep 2023 at 20:48

Thank you Jules !!!

User
Posted 24 Sep 2023 at 09:36

Hi Tony.

Ive been on Zoladex and Appalutamide for just over a year…

very soon after stating on Appalutamide I stayed getting a tingling feeling from my toes up to the middle of my chest straight before a hot flush.

I was on Just Zoladex previously, had the hot flushes but not the tingling sensation.

I tend to get this mostly at night so I just see it as advanced notice to throw the covers off.

shaun

User
Posted 26 Sep 2023 at 07:22
Hi Tony, ive been on Prostrap 3 for nearly 3 years now, 1 injection to go, and have noticed periods of a tingling sensation recently, especially at night...but this has only kicked off in the last couple of months or so for me and I am going to query it via my CNS at my next appt in October. Hopefully it's just another side effect amongst the many which have come and gone during the HT period!!

Rgds,

Nick