I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Treatment over

User
Posted 12 Sep 2023 at 15:26

Good news today been for my final appointment   psa still 0.01 and I have now been discharged from hospital care just need 2 psa tests every year  pleased with the outcome so far 4 year's after radiotherapy and 1 year after finishing hormone therapy life is back to normal I hope that gives everyone else hope that there's light at the end of the tunnel I hope everyone is doing well gaz 👍

User
Posted 12 Sep 2023 at 15:26

Good news today been for my final appointment   psa still 0.01 and I have now been discharged from hospital care just need 2 psa tests every year  pleased with the outcome so far 4 year's after radiotherapy and 1 year after finishing hormone therapy life is back to normal I hope that gives everyone else hope that there's light at the end of the tunnel I hope everyone is doing well gaz 👍

User
Posted 12 Sep 2023 at 19:59

Really pleased for you Gaz, that’s great news. I can’t wait to be in the same position as you🤞 Mind you I will 2 years older and I only hope my joint aches don’t get any worse!

All thes best now you’ve got your life back😊

Derek

User
Posted 12 Sep 2023 at 20:12

Good to hear.

Do you know if your Testosterone is back yet? It sounds like you did 3 years, so it might not be yet. It can be useful to ask for Testosterone to be added to PSA tests until your Testosterone is back to a stable level, and also because it's expected to cause your PSA to rise, but that should settle at a stable level a little time later.

User
Posted 12 Sep 2023 at 22:51

Great to hear you're nearly back to normal gaz. Much as it feels like life will never be the same, HT ends and the curse gradually lifts.

Jules

User
Posted 13 Sep 2023 at 13:12
Great result Gaz, delighted for you.
User
Posted 13 Sep 2023 at 15:35
Nice one Gaz, fingers xd that's the end of the treatment.... 1 more HT injection in October for me to complete the 3 years on it... Unbelievable as it's all gone so quick since the diagnosis back in 2020. Good Luck mate!
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 12 Sep 2023 at 16:29

Great news Gaz. I'm five years post treatment PSA <0.1 though it popped up to 0.2 and then back down. Six monthly PSA checks for me too.

Dave

User
Posted 12 Sep 2023 at 19:20

Thanks Dave hopefully we are both on the mend a relief after a couple off bad years hopefully all stays good.  good luck to all having treatment  all my best wishes to all gaz 👍

Edited by member 12 Sep 2023 at 19:20  | Reason: Mistake

User
Posted 12 Sep 2023 at 19:59

Really pleased for you Gaz, that’s great news. I can’t wait to be in the same position as you🤞 Mind you I will 2 years older and I only hope my joint aches don’t get any worse!

All thes best now you’ve got your life back😊

Derek

User
Posted 12 Sep 2023 at 20:12

Good to hear.

Do you know if your Testosterone is back yet? It sounds like you did 3 years, so it might not be yet. It can be useful to ask for Testosterone to be added to PSA tests until your Testosterone is back to a stable level, and also because it's expected to cause your PSA to rise, but that should settle at a stable level a little time later.

User
Posted 12 Sep 2023 at 20:28

Thanks Andy said they would check my testosterone in next blood test but everything working as normal 👍

User
Posted 12 Sep 2023 at 22:51

Great to hear you're nearly back to normal gaz. Much as it feels like life will never be the same, HT ends and the curse gradually lifts.

Jules

User
Posted 13 Sep 2023 at 06:18

True really will never be the same again but it could be worse I feel for those still suffering this horrible desease it definitely changes you 

User
Posted 13 Sep 2023 at 07:52

I know you been at work through this gaz, so I hope you've been able to get away for a holiday somewhere. Working while dealing with PCa is not something I would have managed at all well.

As a 76 year old I'm not as worried by declining erectile function as some of our younger members [sorry, couldn't think of another word] might be and really, none of us are 16 any more so regardless of cancer we're not quite the studs we used to be, especially when it comes to endurance, so yes, we're changed but most of the time, so are our partners/wives. 

Surviving is something of a victory for us and maybe the experience makes us stronger?

Jules

User
Posted 13 Sep 2023 at 08:23

Thanks Jules never been a holiday person I like my homely surroundings but have found time for walking and my hobbies I like my job and could retire if I wanted but I will carry on until I can't pysicaly can't do it anymore it's what keeps me going I hope you and everyone else is doing ok gaz 👍

User
Posted 13 Sep 2023 at 08:59

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I feel for those still suffering this horrible desease it definitely changes you 

Hi Gaz,

This has got me thinking ….I hope you don’t mind but I’ve borrowed this quote  for another post ‘How has PCa changed you?

cheers,

Derek

User
Posted 13 Sep 2023 at 12:09

Hi decho after the treatment sex is not the same you are always anxious about reoccurrence  just to name a couple no problem you can use anything you like gaz 👍

User
Posted 13 Sep 2023 at 13:12
Great result Gaz, delighted for you.
User
Posted 13 Sep 2023 at 15:35
Nice one Gaz, fingers xd that's the end of the treatment.... 1 more HT injection in October for me to complete the 3 years on it... Unbelievable as it's all gone so quick since the diagnosis back in 2020. Good Luck mate!
User
Posted 14 Sep 2023 at 21:00

Fantastic News!

Best wishes,

JedSee.