I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

oncologist appointment for help

User
Posted 18 Sep 2023 at 20:55

hi,I have a appointment with oncologist next week he is the oncologist who did my rt/ht I am a bit  mixed up with what to say regarding my testosterone not recovered, and my dx with osteoporosis, I will also ask about bat therapy and about having a scan to the seminal vessicles where there is invasion and if I can have anymore rt probably not because they were included when I had rt,it will be a difficult appointment. 

User
Posted 19 Sep 2023 at 07:27
Sounds like a good set of questions Radar...
User
Posted 19 Sep 2023 at 19:40

Hello Radar, as far as I can see, you have finished treatment and you have no evidence of disease (NED)?
Is that correct?

If so, BAT isn't appropriate, since you aren't on hormone therapy. Assuming you were diagnosed T3b before the radiotherapy, they will have included the seminal vesicles in the target volume, so the radiotherapy should have destroyed the cancer there.

I think you need to say (based on what you say here) that the low T is significantly impacting your quality of life. Current research suggests that correcting low T after a curative prostate cancer treatment with NED doesn't increase the chance of the cancer returning. However, low T increases your risk of cadiovascular issues, diabetes, and is giving you osteoporosis and muscle wasting. Please can you be referred to an Andrologist to investigate getting your T level back to normal with TRT if necessary? This is why we don't keep men on a curative treatment path on hormone therapy indefinitely, but to some extent, this is what's happened to you.

PSA will be monitored in any case, and if it goes above the expected level, then you would be taken off any TRT.

Edited by member 19 Sep 2023 at 19:41  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 Sep 2023 at 19:15
Thanks,appointment probably a waste of time with oncologist, I think ostarine sarms will be more safer than trt less side effects but it's not fda approved, just see how it goes.