I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Using Cock Rings

User
Posted 29 Sep 2023 at 18:14

I have recently had surgery (8 weeks ago) which was nerve sparing and I am pleased that I am able to get a soft erection with the help of daily Tadalafil, although it does require concentration and doesn’t last long, nothing like before the op. if possible I would like to be able to have penetrative sex.

I am currently waiting for my appointment at the pump clinic, is it safe to start using cock rings like the durex pleasure ring so soon after surgery, I believe that you are not recommended to use a pump until after 10 weeks. I am concerned that a ring could cause damage to my recovery causing a blockage in the Urethra?

User
Posted 29 Sep 2023 at 20:00

Hi SV0r1

Warning! Do not, do not put a ring on your penis for at leat another 8 weeks or more. Prostatectomy is a serious surgery as you know. The whole pelvic area has undergone tremendous trauma, particularly you penis, the bladder and the urethra. Urethra has probably lost a little length and possibly girth which; of course, will recover after gradual rehabilitation. The re-attachment of the urethra to the bladder has to heal properly before you attempt any sexual activity such as penetrative sex, masturbation etc. Whether you will achieve the original length and girth is not easy to predict.During rehabilitation I used a medical grade VED regularly to very gradual 'remind' my penis of its enjoyable functions! Also it is helpful to very gently massage you penis, scrotum and the area around the base of the penis. My wife was happy to do this to me which helped us to begin reconnecting again. Gentle, easy and a regular attention will do the trick. Good luck.

'Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.'                    Richard Feynman (1918-1988) Nobel Prize laureate

User
Posted 29 Sep 2023 at 21:16

Svor1, I'm assuming your daily Tadalafil is a rehabilitation dose (5 mg) rather than an event dose eg 20 mg. If you are getting stirrings at 8 weeks then that does sound promising but as Pratap says it's a bit too close to the surgery to be trying for penetrative sex. I was prescribed a vacuum erection device by the CNS at 12 weeks which was really my green light to go for it. I find the cock ring very helpful in improving my erection, particularly at the end of my penis. However I did initially find there is a bit of a tipping point in the strength of my erection for the cock ring to be effective. When the time comes, a bigger dose of Tadalafil should help it on its way but be patient. Don't expect instant success. Chris

User
Posted 30 Sep 2023 at 13:21

I did decide to test drive my flacid penis at four weeks post surgery. At the time it was reassuring to know that despite the lack of erection an orgasm was still possible. There were no ill effects during or after

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 29 Sep 2023 at 20:00

Hi SV0r1

Warning! Do not, do not put a ring on your penis for at leat another 8 weeks or more. Prostatectomy is a serious surgery as you know. The whole pelvic area has undergone tremendous trauma, particularly you penis, the bladder and the urethra. Urethra has probably lost a little length and possibly girth which; of course, will recover after gradual rehabilitation. The re-attachment of the urethra to the bladder has to heal properly before you attempt any sexual activity such as penetrative sex, masturbation etc. Whether you will achieve the original length and girth is not easy to predict.During rehabilitation I used a medical grade VED regularly to very gradual 'remind' my penis of its enjoyable functions! Also it is helpful to very gently massage you penis, scrotum and the area around the base of the penis. My wife was happy to do this to me which helped us to begin reconnecting again. Gentle, easy and a regular attention will do the trick. Good luck.

'Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.'                    Richard Feynman (1918-1988) Nobel Prize laureate

User
Posted 29 Sep 2023 at 21:16

Svor1, I'm assuming your daily Tadalafil is a rehabilitation dose (5 mg) rather than an event dose eg 20 mg. If you are getting stirrings at 8 weeks then that does sound promising but as Pratap says it's a bit too close to the surgery to be trying for penetrative sex. I was prescribed a vacuum erection device by the CNS at 12 weeks which was really my green light to go for it. I find the cock ring very helpful in improving my erection, particularly at the end of my penis. However I did initially find there is a bit of a tipping point in the strength of my erection for the cock ring to be effective. When the time comes, a bigger dose of Tadalafil should help it on its way but be patient. Don't expect instant success. Chris

User
Posted 29 Sep 2023 at 21:21

Thank you for the advice. I will slow down our sexual activity and wait another 8 weeks before attempting penetration. This should time with my Pump clinic appointment. Sadly I wasn't aware that you also couldn't masturbate, I was worried about use it or lose it message that was being given. Should I also abstain from this activity as well?

User
Posted 30 Sep 2023 at 09:57

I am not so sure that you need to wait that long (8+8 weeks) to resume masturbation. 

prostatecanceruk.org suggests that masturbation and erections are safe after surgery, and after keyhole surgery, you can have sex when you feel like it once the catheter is out.

User
Posted 30 Sep 2023 at 10:26

Thank you for official line, I never asked my consultant when I could start with masturbation in fact the first thing he asked me after the catheter was out was if I got erections.

I am just concerned that I have rushed too soon as my friend who has had the same procedure recently got a  urethral stricture after 3 months and I hope I have not done any internal damage.

User
Posted 30 Sep 2023 at 13:21

I did decide to test drive my flacid penis at four weeks post surgery. At the time it was reassuring to know that despite the lack of erection an orgasm was still possible. There were no ill effects during or after