Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Cancer and pregnancy

User
Posted 01 Oct 2023 at 01:38

I am 5r years old of African origin.

I was diagnosed of Prostrate Cancer about 5 years ago with PSA level of 66 at the highest.

After consultations with the Oncologist,the hormone therapy was prescribed and it later dropped up til 4 and started rising again.

This time it rose to 24 and the Oncologist gave me several options,I opted for the radiotherapy.

He recommended the palliative radiotherapy of once per week for 6 weeks which I have completed in June 2023.

My recent PSA read 1.9 in September and I am still in the hormone therapy.

I have been having issues with my erection as expected for a while but recently,I was able to get some erections with the aid of the pump and I ejaculated about 4 times at several occasions.

At a point,I had erection without the pump and since then,I often do have erection.

I am still using the pump and Tadalafil was prescribed for me which I have not started using.

My concern is;Is there anyway medically possible for me to have more babies? Not necessarily by sexual intercourse but a baby of my blood/DNA?

Secondly, how many years may I live after this palliative radiotherapy?

Thank you.

Edited by moderator 01 Oct 2023 at 18:26  | Reason: Unable to view the text properly

User
Posted 01 Oct 2023 at 15:43

Hi I couldn't read your original post because of the text colour. I have copied and pasted and reposted, so all can read it.

Okunrin Meje

Posted 01 Oct 2023 at 01:38

I am 5r years old of African origin.

I was diagnosed of Prostrate Cancer about 5 years ago with PSA level of 66 at the highest.

After consultations with the Oncologist,the hormone therapy was prescribed and it later dropped up til 4 and started rising again.

This time it rose to 24 and the Oncologist gave me several options,I opted for the radiotherapy.

He recommended the palliative radiotherapy of once per week for 6 weeks which I have completed in June 2023.

My recent PSA read 1.9 in September and I am still in the hormone therapy.

I have been having issues with my erection as expected for a while but recently,I was able to get some erections with the aid of the pump and I ejaculated about 4 times at several occasions.

At a point,I had erection without the pump and since then,I often do have erection.

I am still using the pump and Tadalafil was prescribed for me which I have not started using.

My concern is;Is there anyway medically possible for me to have more babies?Not necessarily by sexual intercourse but a baby of my blood/DNA?

Secondly,how many years may I live after this palliative radiotherapy?

Thank you.

Well to have babies you need viable sperm and a viable egg. I presume you have a partner who is happy to have a baby, so that solves the egg problem.

The next question is viable sperm? Modern radiation is delivered fairly precisely, but you have to ask, have your testicles had a dose of radiation? If so I would want to speak to an expert with a lot of knowledge on the subject, because you would have to know the risks of bringing a disabled child into the world. There may be no risk at all, but I would want to be sure.

Assuming your sperm is ok then you just have to get it to the egg, and if you have erections that may be possible the old fashioned way, if not I'm sure a fertility clinic could help.

As for your question on life expectancy, again it is hard to know. It sounds like first line HT has now failed, but there are more advanced HT drugs like enzalutamide which may work for a few more years.

Dave