Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

nanoknife v cryotherapy

User
Posted 03 Oct 2023 at 09:23

Hi ,

my prostate cancer is gleason 7 , 3+4  , T2 , is it positioned at the front right of my prostate and so HIFU is not an option for me . does any member has experience of nanoknife or cryotherapy ?

many thanks

User
Posted 09 Oct 2023 at 17:50

I don't know the answer to your question. Some comments...

Current nanoknife treatment is quite new, and I haven't heard what the current success rate is. There were a number of nanoknife treatments around 2014, and although side effects were low, the main treatment effect wasn't great with about 2 in 5 men still having active cancer in the area after treatment. I am presuming the treatment given today has improved on this or it wouldn't have reappeared as a treatment, but I haven't seen any figures.

Cryotherapy has been around as a treatment for a while, but doesn't seem as popular as HIFU, being used mainly in the case where HIFU can't get to the region in front of the urethra. It stopped for a while during COVID because there were supply issues with the needles used, and that might not help with availability of useful data.

User
Posted 23 Oct 2023 at 01:16

There was a member some months ago who had Nanoknife in Germany at a facility where he said they had the most experience and he reckoned they had tricky cases from the UK sent to them. I think he might have been Paul something. So if you are better with searches you could try. He was so enthused that somebody suggested he might be on commission or similar. Maybe it will jog the memory of somebody. 

Found it, see https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/default.aspx?g=profile&u=49670

more particularly what he said in this and his last 10 threads.

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/default.aspx?g=posts&m=266710#post266710 

Edited by member 23 Oct 2023 at 02:26  | Reason: addendum

Barry
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 09 Oct 2023 at 15:22

Hi bry617, my gleason score is also 3+4 and T2. Looking at NanoKnife as an option, however, data seems minimal for post op. outcomes. Would like to hear of any success stories after the procedure. 

Edited by member 09 Oct 2023 at 22:34  | Reason: Spelling

User
Posted 09 Oct 2023 at 17:45

Hi  S8NLR ,

very happy to past any info on ,

hoping for some messages

User
Posted 09 Oct 2023 at 17:50

I don't know the answer to your question. Some comments...

Current nanoknife treatment is quite new, and I haven't heard what the current success rate is. There were a number of nanoknife treatments around 2014, and although side effects were low, the main treatment effect wasn't great with about 2 in 5 men still having active cancer in the area after treatment. I am presuming the treatment given today has improved on this or it wouldn't have reappeared as a treatment, but I haven't seen any figures.

Cryotherapy has been around as a treatment for a while, but doesn't seem as popular as HIFU, being used mainly in the case where HIFU can't get to the region in front of the urethra. It stopped for a while during COVID because there were supply issues with the needles used, and that might not help with availability of useful data.

User
Posted 09 Oct 2023 at 21:13

Hi Andy ,

thanks for your thoughts and info ,

it all helps build the picture

User
Posted 22 Oct 2023 at 20:01

Hi Guys ,

can anybody who has had nonoknife or cryotherapy in the last 3 years  , either privately or nhs  , send me a private message with details of the doctor /hospital and their thoughts on their experience ,  please

thanks

User
Posted 23 Oct 2023 at 01:16

There was a member some months ago who had Nanoknife in Germany at a facility where he said they had the most experience and he reckoned they had tricky cases from the UK sent to them. I think he might have been Paul something. So if you are better with searches you could try. He was so enthused that somebody suggested he might be on commission or similar. Maybe it will jog the memory of somebody. 

Found it, see https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/default.aspx?g=profile&u=49670

more particularly what he said in this and his last 10 threads.

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/default.aspx?g=posts&m=266710#post266710 

Edited by member 23 Oct 2023 at 02:26  | Reason: addendum

Barry
User
Posted 23 Oct 2023 at 12:10

thanks again Barry,