I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Stomach troubles related to meds

User
Posted 16 Oct 2023 at 16:41

I've been have an uncomfortable time with my stomach. I feel bloated and full a lot. 

I had brachytherapy,  rt , adt and daily tadalafil.

Im now off the adt. ( APRIL)

Problem started in June.

So far ive had ant acids, buscapan., a motility pills and now a suggested endoscopy .

When first examined i asked if its possible coming of the adt has caused this. Gp had no idea.

In addition ,i recall daily tadalafil can affect acids in stomach.

Does anyone consider if there prehaps may be a link with my pca treatment?

Thankyou

User
Posted 16 Oct 2023 at 20:51

Tadalafil certainly gives me acid reflux. It's something I very rarely suffered from until I started Tadalafil.

User
Posted 16 Oct 2023 at 21:50

All the PDE5 inhibitors can cause acid reflux, because the esophagus and lower esophageal sphincter also use PDE5 to contract. Usually this is only an issue for those who got acid reflux before. Snapping the tablets might not help because it breaks the film coating which is there to stop them coming into contact with the esophagus. Trying a lower dose can help sometimes and still be sufficient for the intended effect.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 16 Oct 2023 at 20:51

Tadalafil certainly gives me acid reflux. It's something I very rarely suffered from until I started Tadalafil.

User
Posted 16 Oct 2023 at 21:50

All the PDE5 inhibitors can cause acid reflux, because the esophagus and lower esophageal sphincter also use PDE5 to contract. Usually this is only an issue for those who got acid reflux before. Snapping the tablets might not help because it breaks the film coating which is there to stop them coming into contact with the esophagus. Trying a lower dose can help sometimes and still be sufficient for the intended effect.

User
Posted 04 Nov 2023 at 21:36

Interesting. I had upped my dose as i was taking 5mg per day to keep blood flowing. 

I went to 10mg maybe 3 times a week as the adt was wearing off and i was enjoying my testosterone coming back but needed some help

User
Posted 09 Nov 2023 at 09:04

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Yes, it is pretty bad in that respect. I cut down to half a tablet, every other day That helps.