I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Change in Biopsy Results

User
Posted 31 Oct 2023 at 19:58

I was diagnosed in May 2019 at the age of 51 with a Gleason score of 3+3=6. I was told AS was the best option and this seemed the right choice for me. I had PSA tests every 3 months and an MRI each year. My second MRI scan found a small dark circle and I then had a biopsy in August 2021. What worried me was the increase in volume in the right posterior from 8 to 30 although my consultant said it was nothing to worry about and my Gleason score was still 3+3. Should this be of concern or am I over worrying?

R Anterior

R Posterior

L Anterior

L Posterior

R Anterior

R Posterior

L Anterior

L Posterior

Longest Tumour

Longest Tumour

Tumour Volume

Tumour Volume

User
Posted 03 Nov 2023 at 00:50
Hi Jon,

your results haven't copied over correctly which makes them hard to interpret but if I have read it correctly, it says one side has increased from 8 to 30 while the other has reduced from 10 to zero. Seems sensible to trust your consultant who has the benefit of seeing your proper results and your history.

The results of MRIs and biopsies are a bit subjective - two different doctors can interpret the results differently. What is important is whether your PSA is stable and that you have regular monitoring. Have you had any further scans since 2021?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 03 Nov 2023 at 19:25

Hi LynEyre,

My results have not copied over very well, they looked fine when i posted it. You are correct, the R posterior tumour volume has gone from 8 to 30% which I thought was quite a jump. I did mention this to my consultant but he did not see it as anything to worry about. That biopsy was in 2022 (typo) since then my PSA tests have been 3.9, 3.1 and 2.3 which is quite encouraging. I have a PSA every 6 months and one is due next month. Thanks for your reply, it's good to hear another point of view.

Jon.

Edited by member 03 Nov 2023 at 19:27  | Reason: Not specified