Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

New Member - Single Port Robotic 20 days ago

User
Posted 07 Nov 2023 at 01:24

Good Evening All,

I had my prostate removed by single port robotic on the 17th of Oct....20 days ago. The belly pain is almost gone, still hurts to sit long, my penis hurts some and I'm leaking pretty badly, mostly when I move around, couch, sneeeze and lift my legs to put my pants (pull-ups) on. The Kegal seems difficult for me to feel and I have been purposly stopping my stream when peeing to get the feel. I must say I have not been dilegent in doing them. Will I get better without them? Or must I do them. I've been wearing pull ups, with a pad and sometimes put a condom on with a ring like you use for maintaining an erection to keep in on just pat the head ridge.  Looking for any help, idea's you can provide that would be helpful to me. 

Thank you  

Couper

User
Posted 07 Nov 2023 at 07:47

Hi Couper,

Its still early days. You should be doing kegal excercises 3 times a day. Prostate Cancer UK has a good booklet on how to do these called "Urinary problems after prostate cancer treatment". You can download this on their web site. I am still doing excercises after 3 months and was told I should continue these indefinitely. They have really helped me and I notice more leakage if I forget to do them.

Good luck with your recovery.

User
Posted 07 Nov 2023 at 10:40

Hi Couper

It is very important that you keep doing Kegel exercises.  I am still doing them, 12 years after my surgery. An easy and the most convenient way of doing the exercise is to sit on the toilet to pee and just stop the flow a couple of times for a count of ten. It is intuitive; no training necessary!

'Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.'                    Richard Feynman (1918-1988) Nobel Prize laureate

User
Posted 08 Nov 2023 at 02:03

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi Couper,

Its still early days. You should be doing kegal excercises 3 times a day. Prostate Cancer UK has a good booklet on how to do these called "Urinary problems after prostate cancer treatment". You can download this on their web site. I am still doing excercises after 3 months and was told I should continue these indefinitely. They have really helped me and I notice more leakage if I forget to do them.

Good luck with your recovery.

Thank you for the info! I will keep at the Kegals. Would you have a link to that booklet? I searched but it didn't come up. Thank you

User
Posted 08 Nov 2023 at 02:04

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi Couper

It is very important that you keep doing Kegel exercises.  I am still doing them, 12 years after my surgery. An easy and the most convenient way of doing the exercise is to sit on the toilet to pee and just stop the flow a couple of times for a count of ten. It is intuitive; no training necessary!

Thank you for that idea....much appreciated!

User
User