I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

It's very slow/hopeful

User
Posted 18 Nov 2023 at 20:22

I was diagnosed back in 2019 with a PSA around 6.7. Following the usual MRI and biopsy..not a lot of fun...I have had my Prostate cancer monitored ever since.

I have carefully tracked the PSA via blood tests every three months. 6,7 is actually a high. It varies from 3.4 to 4.8. Right now it is around 5. The MRI scans never show any movement. I joked with my consultant that perhaps my biopsy had been a bit too successful. My PSA varies, but only within the range given above.

More recently I had a diagnosis of basal cell carcinoma on the very tip of my nose. I had a biopsy and about 5 weeks later met the surgeon who planned to slice the thing off. Not only could she not find the scar of the biopsy, she could not find the growth either. So we plan to meet again for a checkup in 4 months,  She mentioned that sometimes a biopsy can trigger the body's immune system to attack a growth which, until the biopsy, had not been very visible to the immune system. I had never heard of this effect before and I started to wonder that if it were possible for my nose then how about for the prostate? So, I ran a check using the ChatGPT AI engine.  It seems that there is evidence for this and although you can't rely on this effect, it might at least encourage the decision to have a biopsy, Best wishes and luck to all.

BTW: I did attempt to include my question and the actual ChatGPT response but I was prevented from pasting the response...which ran to several pages. The question which generated several pages of response was "Can a biopsy on a cancerous growth encourage the body's own defences to attack the cancer?"  Feel free to try out this question or your version, at ChatGPT  (https://chat-gpt.com/)

Edited by member 19 Nov 2023 at 11:11  | Reason: To add the link to CharGPT

User
Posted 18 Nov 2023 at 20:22

I was diagnosed back in 2019 with a PSA around 6.7. Following the usual MRI and biopsy..not a lot of fun...I have had my Prostate cancer monitored ever since.

I have carefully tracked the PSA via blood tests every three months. 6,7 is actually a high. It varies from 3.4 to 4.8. Right now it is around 5. The MRI scans never show any movement. I joked with my consultant that perhaps my biopsy had been a bit too successful. My PSA varies, but only within the range given above.

More recently I had a diagnosis of basal cell carcinoma on the very tip of my nose. I had a biopsy and about 5 weeks later met the surgeon who planned to slice the thing off. Not only could she not find the scar of the biopsy, she could not find the growth either. So we plan to meet again for a checkup in 4 months,  She mentioned that sometimes a biopsy can trigger the body's immune system to attack a growth which, until the biopsy, had not been very visible to the immune system. I had never heard of this effect before and I started to wonder that if it were possible for my nose then how about for the prostate? So, I ran a check using the ChatGPT AI engine.  It seems that there is evidence for this and although you can't rely on this effect, it might at least encourage the decision to have a biopsy, Best wishes and luck to all.

BTW: I did attempt to include my question and the actual ChatGPT response but I was prevented from pasting the response...which ran to several pages. The question which generated several pages of response was "Can a biopsy on a cancerous growth encourage the body's own defences to attack the cancer?"  Feel free to try out this question or your version, at ChatGPT  (https://chat-gpt.com/)

Edited by member 19 Nov 2023 at 11:11  | Reason: To add the link to CharGPT

User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 09:17

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

BTW: I did attempt to include my question and the actual ChatGPT response but I was prevented from pasting the response...which ran to several pages. The question which generated several pages of response was "Can a biopsy on a cancerous growth encourage the body's own defences to attack the cancer?"  Feel free to try out this question or your version, at ChatGPT lobotomy dash (https://chat-gpt.com/)

it's possible that a biopsy on a cancerous growth can stimulate the body's immune response against the cancer. This phenomenon is known as the "abscopal effect" and occurs when localized treatment, such as a biopsy or radiation therapy, triggers a systemic immune response that targets cancer cells throughout the body, not just at the site of treatment.

The immune system recognizes cancer cells as foreign or abnormal and attempts to eliminate them. However, cancer cells can develop various mechanisms to evade the immune response. Localized treatments like biopsies or radiation can release tumor antigens or damage-associated molecular patterns (DAMPs) that activate immune cells and enhance their ability to recognize and attack cancer cells.

While the abscopal effect is a well-documented phenomenon, it's relatively rare and not fully understood. Researchers are actively investigating ways to harness and enhance the immune system's ability to recognize and destroy cancer cells, including through combinations of localized treatments with immunotherapy drugs that boost the immune response.

It's important to note that while biopsies and other treatments can stimulate the immune system, they are typically not sufficient as standalone treatments for cancer. They are often used in conjunction with other therapies such as surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and immunotherapy to achieve the best outcomes for patients.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 09:17

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

BTW: I did attempt to include my question and the actual ChatGPT response but I was prevented from pasting the response...which ran to several pages. The question which generated several pages of response was "Can a biopsy on a cancerous growth encourage the body's own defences to attack the cancer?"  Feel free to try out this question or your version, at ChatGPT lobotomy dash (https://chat-gpt.com/)

it's possible that a biopsy on a cancerous growth can stimulate the body's immune response against the cancer. This phenomenon is known as the "abscopal effect" and occurs when localized treatment, such as a biopsy or radiation therapy, triggers a systemic immune response that targets cancer cells throughout the body, not just at the site of treatment.

The immune system recognizes cancer cells as foreign or abnormal and attempts to eliminate them. However, cancer cells can develop various mechanisms to evade the immune response. Localized treatments like biopsies or radiation can release tumor antigens or damage-associated molecular patterns (DAMPs) that activate immune cells and enhance their ability to recognize and attack cancer cells.

While the abscopal effect is a well-documented phenomenon, it's relatively rare and not fully understood. Researchers are actively investigating ways to harness and enhance the immune system's ability to recognize and destroy cancer cells, including through combinations of localized treatments with immunotherapy drugs that boost the immune response.

It's important to note that while biopsies and other treatments can stimulate the immune system, they are typically not sufficient as standalone treatments for cancer. They are often used in conjunction with other therapies such as surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and immunotherapy to achieve the best outcomes for patients.

User
Posted 02 Apr 2024 at 23:49

I really would not rely on chat gpt