Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Right at the start of my journey

User
Posted 07 Dec 2023 at 15:16

Good afternoon,

Following a cystoscopy last week it was discovered my prostate is enlarged and scan revealed a lesion on my spine. I had an appointment scheduled for 14/12/23 with a consultant, however, hospital have just rang me and requested they see me tomorrow 8/12 as "We need to move faster than what we thought" now I'm worried sick and shaking like a leaf. Can anyone advise me as to what is likely to happen next? 

User
Posted 07 Dec 2023 at 19:14

Online Community Member wrote:
Unfortunately I live alone which I have enjoyed up to this point but now I feel so alone and finding this community and generous individuals such as yourself will be such an amazing source 

George you'll never be alone so long as you're here. 

Adrian

User
Posted 07 Dec 2023 at 19:55

Hi George,

Derek, Barry and Adrian, have, as always, given great responses that I can only echo.

Whatever happens from here, You have found so many shoulders to lean on. 

Everything crossed for you and looking forward to a positive update.

Warmest wishes brother.

Jamie.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 07 Dec 2023 at 16:26

Hi George,

Really sorry you find yourself here and I can understand your anxiety…we all know how tough it is when we don’t know what’s ahead. Rather than speculate I think I would try your best to relax so that tomorrow you will be able to  concentrate on what is said to you. if you have a partner take them with you. Also ask if you can record the consultation, most consultants will be happy for you to do this, and as your heads probably all over the place you might miss something. Also write down any questions you have so you don’t forget in the heat of the moment. 

I wish you all the best for tomorrow 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Derek

User
Posted 07 Dec 2023 at 16:38

Very sorry you are in the position that you find yourself. It is often the case that when told as you have been for the need to 'move faster......', that this adds to as patient's concern and a patient tends to think of the worst scenario. Not much of a consolation I know but at least they are considering your case very quickly. We don't have a lot to go on or know that the lesion in your spine is PCa related, which if it is may well affect your proposed treatment, assuming you have PCa in your Prostate. Take careful note of what your Consultant says about your diagnosis, a treatment decision on which might be deferred until a further scan and a biopsy.

Meanwhile, be aware that there are an increasing ways to treat PCa, if that is your case, so try to remain positive. Prostates grow with age and some more than others which can lead to restricted urine flow. In such cases this is more easily treated than PCa.

Edited by member 07 Dec 2023 at 16:41  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 07 Dec 2023 at 16:54

Thank you for taking the time to post to me Barry. I very much appreciate the advice and reassurance that you have offered. This has been such a difficult time for me and I expect this forum will be a valuable element of my life 

User
Posted 07 Dec 2023 at 16:59

Thank you so much for taking the time to post to me Derek I really do appreciate it. Unfortunately I live alone which I have enjoyed up to this point but now I feel so alone and finding this community and generous individuals such as yourself will be such an amazing source of support going forward

. kindest regards

George

User
Posted 07 Dec 2023 at 19:14

Online Community Member wrote:
Unfortunately I live alone which I have enjoyed up to this point but now I feel so alone and finding this community and generous individuals such as yourself will be such an amazing source 

George you'll never be alone so long as you're here. 

Adrian

User
Posted 07 Dec 2023 at 19:31

Thank you Adrian 

User
Posted 07 Dec 2023 at 19:55

Hi George,

Derek, Barry and Adrian, have, as always, given great responses that I can only echo.

Whatever happens from here, You have found so many shoulders to lean on. 

Everything crossed for you and looking forward to a positive update.

Warmest wishes brother.

Jamie.

User
Posted 07 Dec 2023 at 20:29

Wishing you all the very best for tomorrow George, I’ll keep everything crossed for you. 

User
Posted 07 Dec 2023 at 20:52

Thank you Jamie xx

User
Posted 07 Dec 2023 at 20:53

Thank you so much 

User
Posted 07 Dec 2023 at 21:59

George

I can only echo what the others have said. Good luck for tomorrow, and let us know how it goes. You’re not alone mate. None of us wanted to join this group, but we’re all very glad we’re part of it now.

Ian.

User
Posted 08 Dec 2023 at 08:41

Thank you so much Ian xx

User
Posted 13 Dec 2023 at 20:11

You are no longer alone.

There are many wonderful, caring and informative people here to help you.