I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Brachytherapy RT

User
Posted 19 Dec 2023 at 21:03

Brachytherapy High dose followed with 15 fractions of low dose radiotherapy all done bit sleepy but now we wait … so it’s a game of chance PSA was 52 so no plenty of room down eh . Guess I should retire and do what I want at 63 

User
Posted 19 Dec 2023 at 21:59

Hi Mustard,

I think having this disease DOES change you….it’s certainly made me ‘live for today’ and don’t worry about to tomorrow. So be good to yourself….if (and only if!) you want to retire, DO IT! And Have fun! 🤩 

Good Luck!

Derek

User
Posted 19 Dec 2023 at 22:31

My mom carried on working until she was 90. She is still here at 93. To be honest she is at a bit of a loose end now. So think carefully about retirement, as a minimum it needs to be financially viable, but you also need to know how to spend your time. I'm told even golf gets boring.

Dave

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 19 Dec 2023 at 21:59

Hi Mustard,

I think having this disease DOES change you….it’s certainly made me ‘live for today’ and don’t worry about to tomorrow. So be good to yourself….if (and only if!) you want to retire, DO IT! And Have fun! 🤩 

Good Luck!

Derek

User
Posted 19 Dec 2023 at 22:31

My mom carried on working until she was 90. She is still here at 93. To be honest she is at a bit of a loose end now. So think carefully about retirement, as a minimum it needs to be financially viable, but you also need to know how to spend your time. I'm told even golf gets boring.

Dave